Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would you consume marijuana if pregnant?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Alrex, May 5, 2011.

1. No. Then again I'm a guy.

2. It may not be harmful, but at this point, only a few studies have been done. We don't know for sure what the effects are. If you can't give up weed while you're pregnant, you need to re-evaluate your priorities IMO.

3. Wow, I read the old thread that was linked. I'll post on here though cuz this is more recent and less weighed down by other conversations.

It's amazing how so many people assume that MJ is just a recreational choice for everyone. The whole 'just wait 9 months, and dont' risk it' can only be applied by those that aren't MMJ patients.

As a female that is planning on having children in the near future, I do plan to vape or have edibles. So far there has been no concrete research that says the 'risks outweigh the benefits'. My baby deserves to have a healthy mother. MJ makes me healthier.

4. No, but I wouldn't want any kind of medications or whatever being consumed by her either, unless she really needed it and it was proven to be okay. No smoking though, only edibles.

5. Exactly, many people use marijuana for purposes aside from recreational. If the marijuana improves the woman's health, then it can only serve to bolster the health of the fetus.

6. Luckily, I can't get pregnant.

However, I doubt I would continue to smoke anything if I were. :p

7. If it's absolutely necessary for medical reasons, then yes. But I just think it's irresponsible otherwise. There is no concrete evidence saying it is bad, but there is also no concrete evidence that GUARANTEES nothing bad will result from it. Even a potential risk is too much to take with your own flesh and blood.

8. no the hospital will drug test the mother to be if shes dirty the state WILL take the child, plus all the potential deformities or brain disorders it may or may not cause.

9. It's not a potential risk at all, did you even look at the studies I linked?

Vaporizing, or eating edibles, have the same risk factor as eating an orange.

10. absolutely not, even if its not proven that it is 100% harmful it shows she doesn't care if something happens to the baby.

11. I wouldn't take a chance with it.

12. Dont worry

There are no studies following these infants into there early teens

know what that means?

The research means nothing

/thread

13. No. The reason smoking is bad for the unborn fetus is because the thc and other chemicals of marijuana go through the blood stream which is shared by your baby so this is basically asking if its ok to get your unborn fetus high.Everyone else saying that consumtion of marijuana would be alright compared to smoking is just wrong because in either way the chemicals are being passed on to your baby.

14. I have to wonder with all these unrealistic viewpoints of not putting chemicals (whether or not they are truly "harmful" (Risks>Benefits)) about some other things.

So I propose this question to people that are 100% against pregnant women consuming MJ; If you were pregnant; would you drink coffee? Soda? Fat-free items? Aspirin? IB?

15. If the doctor recommended i stay away from those items you bet i would

16. And studies have shown that the chemicals have no adverse affects on the fetus.

17. Why the fuck would they consume those poisons?

what about when they turn 14?

18. #38 WeedBratton, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    Do you know what "no adverse affects on the fetus" means?

In case you dont, it means that nothing happens to the fetus, nothing at all. Nothing is going to manifest down the line because nothing happened to them in the first place to cause it.

Edit: At the very least, can someone who believes intaking marijuana while pregnant causes any problems, show some evidence for their reasoning besides "I think it, so it must be true".

19. #39 chadddd, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    Yes but i would only use a vape/edibles.

And i wouldnt be high as fuck everyday, just like once a week probably (as a stress reliever and fun activity :D )

(a couple hits from the vape for morning sickness is always good too ;) )

20. Oh. Didnt know you could predict the future.