Would you be interested in..

Discussion in 'General' started by philan, Nov 21, 2009.

1. #1 philan, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    I wrote a program that keeps track of all my grows, tracks my sprout dates to repotting dates, to when i flip to 12/12 all by strain and breeder. Of course the program itself contains no data so nothing is actually stored on my computer. i grab my information by securely logging into a hosted server where my database is at.

By doing this, i can forecast harvest dates and such so i have a pretty consistant 'growing' timeline schedule ,if you will, that evolves with each grow as i have more data to compound.

I was just curious if this would be useful on a 'collective' level, maybe others would want to use it and have a shared database where we could see what strains from which breeders, had what yields, were harvested within so many days ( i know this varies on grow but just an average is useful ) with forecasting calculators that take your plant date as a first input, and recalculate as you feed it more info as your grow progresses so you always have a pretty good idea of when your harvest should be, among other important dates

I know people are probably hesitant like, oh just another fkn program to worry about but alot of people use alot of different forums and such to find particular *quantitative* info. This would just be a free collective effort i suppose and it wouldnt be an information exchange like a forum, but just grow specs and info that evolves by your input.

I dunno - Just wondering if you guys would use it, else no sense in me writing code for a user base if I'm the only one using it, ya know.

Or is this something most would be afraid to use?

Feedback please

2. this would be good if it was legal to grow and have open info about it

3. Sorry, but I smell bacon.

4. Ouch okay, guess it was a bad idea.

5. Maybe an idea for Grasscity then? Could easily convert to asp.net code