Would this work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DreaminGreen, May 17, 2010.

1. Hey GC :gc_rocks:

I have this idea that I really want to try on my current young plants. I have 5 clones all good strains that I have grown before. I have already topped them for the 4-way lst. I am thinking about just tying down the 4 tops once and letting them grown till 2-3 ft tall. They are currently in very small pots in FFOF and are ready to go into the 5 gallon pots. I am thinking about running them in the 5 gallon pots in the FFOF until about 2 weeks before flowering. I will then transplant to 10 gallon pots also with FFOF.

My question is, could I do this and get by without the Advanced nutrients 3 part system? I would still use Big Bud and Bud Candy and any other supplements I would need. I am trying to cut down on the nutes that I have to add personally.

Do you think this will work? What other supplements would you suggest?

Specs of grow.

400W MH for veg
    1000W HPS for flower
    4x4x8 growtent
    Big Bud
    Bud Candy
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil

+ Rep for any suggestion or comments! Thanks GC!!!

2. those nutes will do fine.. maybe some kind of seaweed extract so it's getting the micronutes. Also 10 gallon pots seem a little big.. that size it usually for outdoors only. You should be ok with 5-7 gallons.

3. Thanks for the response. I typically use 5 gallon pots and its seems that by about week 6 of flowering they are starting to get root bound. I figure with how long I veg that 10 gallon pots would work well. Where would I find seaweed extract at? Would a hydro store have that?

Any other suggestions?

4. bud candy is good but you can save a lot of money and just use molasses. Good luck!

5. I have used molasses before with good results. I just figured I would try something different this time. The Bud Candy has molasses in it with tons of other beneifcial stuff. I will compare and figure what I want to do. Thanks for stopping in!

6. I knew someone who worked for AN and told me that. He kinda laughed when I was like yeah Im gonna use bud candy cause my poster is catchy