Would This Work?

Discussion in 'General' started by Daggermouth, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Alright, I think I may have found a loophole in Target's return policy. For Christmas I was given an Xbox Live Wireless Headset but it didn't work. I took it back and they said they could only give me store credit since I had opened it. They don't have anymore so I was wondering...what if I just bought a couple CD's with the gift card they gave me, didn't open them and returned those? Since they weren't opened I should be able to get cash for it right?

2. Probably. Sounds like a fail-proof plan buck-o.

3. Probably...I mean it sounds good.

Make sure you get a receipt for the new item though.

4. Yeah I thought so too. The only thing I'm concerned about is if it says how the product was paid for on the receipt. Because then they might just give me another gift card.

5. I dunno, you usually get a different receipt showing that the CDs were bought from an exchange, so it's not a normal receipt. After seeing that, they usually wont give money back.

6. Damn...nevermind

7. I don't see how they would know it was from a return though. It looks like a regular gift card.

8. i think potprincess ment like if you immediatly exchanged the CD's for the headset. You should be in the clear dude u could always give it a shot.

9. #9 Zoom420, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
    what do you got to lose? You can always get credit for the cds..

Course.. might have a middle lady try it... much better odds..

10. Get the store credit, buy the CDs, wait a few hours or a day and return them for cash.

11. What have you got to lose. You are not breaking any laws. Just try it already :devious:

12. nope...it'll state on the reciept that they were purchased with store credit. and even without a receipt i doubt they would give ya cash. if it's broken and you want a new one just take it to walmart, they'll swap it out, just say you lost your reciept. i am always returning things to walmart that weren't even purchased there. YEEEEEE!:D

13. noooooooo buy a toaster idk why just fuckin do it man:smoking: