Would this work well?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by PLugXBella, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Im going to use a small room for this setup would it work as well as I think it would? 4 lights, 2 refectors [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Get a grow tent, CFLs are pointless for growing unless you use it for seedling or early veg. What is your space and budget?

3. anybody else spotted UFOs?
    oh and yeah, I've tried it and with the right distance and power(wattage) it will grow your seedling and making it to early veg but don't expect more than that.

4. image.jpg Cfls are crap, all depends on the grower

5. Well they can grow flower but it requires a lot of bulbs and the yield is not as good comparing watt to watt for other possible light sources.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hey now lol I tried my best to draw, I didn't think I'd want a tent and these aren't the kind of lights I'm gonna get for the plants

7. when did I say about tent? in my opinion they're just good for camping lol

8. Damn I replied to the wrong person sorry

• Like Like x 1
  10. Under 600 you could have a real good setup. A tent is the best thing to use unless you are going to do large scale production or if a closet is a odd size. So what do you fancy more LEDs or HIDs.

LEDs are more expensive to start with but make up for it in power savings and not having to replace bulbs, also produce more resiny buds if it has a good amount of UV. Don't fall for the marketing schemes they use to sell them though always look for power draw/actual power/real power in the descriptions.

HIDs are cheaper, hotter, more fragile, produce decent buds with less amount of resin.

As you can see I am a little biased towards LEDs but either one you pick I will be glad to help you out on the options. What is the room dimensions?

11. The room is 18 by 15 I was thinking of maybe just using some leds and covering the window or would that be a bad call?

12. That is a good sized room, yes it will work I would use cardboard with a sheet for the part facing the window so it doesn't look ghetto from outside. If you don't want to use a tent you will have to wall off a corner of the room so the carbon filter will work and keep negative pressure on the room. What brand lights are you looking at using?

13. Alright I'll remember that, Im not sure on the lights yet not sure which ones are good and won't break easily

14. With these cheap LEDs it is like rolling the dice when you buy them. Mainly because of poor quality control or bad heat dissipation design so I would only order from an established brand.
    These are the new GalaxyHydro lights and appear to be better in heat dissipation and light design.
    Galaxyhydro 300w LED Grow Light for Indoor Plant Flowering and Growing 5w Chip 90$ a piece 190 real watts. It has a 2 year warranty.

15. Thank you I'll probably get them from there if nothing better comes up

16. I agree with you there, that's a 300w dual spec, finish it off with 600whps super lumen,jus saying they can grow, had three 23w cfls rnd it , no bad from going in the Ground from seed mid way through Nov ,

• Like Like x 1