Would this set up work?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by B A M B I, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Hi, I'm planning my second room, my first one was a DR60 (secret jardin) with a 250w, in a cooltube and 4' fan and carbon filter with passive intake, the results where kinda sloppy due to autoflowers and they didn't grow very tall and the smoke wasn't all that brillaint.

However, i'm wanting to know if this set it would work:

600w HPS MH Digital Dimmable Ballast 6" Air Cooled Light Grow Kit Silverstar
    Rhino Pro 6"/150mm Twin Speed Fan+Stubby Filter
    Budbox Lite 100 x 100 x 200cm Hydroponic Silver Mylar Indoor Grow Room Tent

and passive intake? would the temps be okay with this set it, im not all that great at math and don't know how to get volumes?

Would the outcome be worth it?

2. Don't blame the autos mate. It'll stop you learning what really went wrong.
    Temps should be sound though. Plenty guys use that set up. Obviously if you live somewhere particularly hot you'll still get issues but yeah it's a pretty sensible set up :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ruderalis genetics, lol. Every new grower sees "autoflower" as oh shit: itll do thr work for me.

Trash the shitty autos, and all the seeds of any autos you have. If you want to learn how to really grow, and learn the plant inside/out/what you can't do, and what you can do: get some quality, true cali genetics.

Good seeds arent cheap, cheap seeds arent good.

It didn't smoke that good because you didnt know what you were doinf to begin with. So, again, throw away the autos, and read every damn thing you can about growing/drying/curing.

As a hydro grower of 6 years now, I will tell you the best thing I was ever told. "Your plants will tell you everything you need to know. Proper pH & the right amount of nutes can't be found on a bottle. It comes from experience."

Before you restart: learn what pH is, what it does & why its important. Same thing applies to different growing techniques(not with autoflowers), and about drying/curing. Curing is an art, and you're not going to master it from just reading. A proper cure is something that will take you a few times to get down pat, but its the most important part. Anyone can grow the plant; not everyone can cure properly.

Remember this: you get out what you put in. Growing and harvesting quality cannabis is a numbers game. Learn those numbers and it will all fall in place. Also remember, all ruderalis genetics are not going to help you learn anything, aside from them being a fad for new growers that are drawn in by the thought of "50 days from seed" lol.

Read > learn > invest > r/d > grow good photo period genetics

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autos are to blame for a lot of the reason tons of growers, all newER, have no idea what they're doing. Ruderalis genetics bring out the worst growers. New and old.

5. They're no different from photos mate other than you don't need to switch the lights.
    Grown dozens of auto strains and had only 1 that I wouldnt recommend.
    Profile pics an auto too. Nout wrong with them imo. Gotta be slightly more carefull not to shock/stunt them when transplanting but that's still user error and not the plants fault.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autos are fantastic, if you know what you’re doing. Cts-v is spot on about ditching those autos for your first few grows. There’s just too many variables if you don’t have the experience. I see it every week on here. 5” tall plants that are starting to grow pistils. People see auto flower and think it’ll be magic while not understanding that those plants only thrive in ideal conditions and are very unforgiving if one or more variables are off.

Ruderalis is like a timer.. once that seed pops, you have a short time to grow that plant as big as possible before flower AUTOmatically initiates. Once you have a room dialed in, and you can combat EVERY problem that comes your way, water ph, soil ph, correct nutrient dosing, temperature, humidity, light intensity, air flow, etc. then, you should try autos out.

Photo plants are nice for beginner growers because they won’t start flowering when they’re 4” tall because of an issue. There’s much more time for you to figure out problems in the grow early on.

• Like Like x 3
  7. They ain’t the blame for anything lol. If u do everything right through the grow they will reward u, if not, they wont

• Like Like x 1
  8. Imo height of plants/tall is over rated. To grow a plant a few feet tall or more then take off almost all the under growth is a waste of growing time imo. My goal is to always grow them as tall/ short to where all the bud from top to bottom are nice fat buds with very little fluff bud under... no wasted grow time or lollipopping

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. They're entirely different. Nobody wants ruderalis genetics. Nobody has or will win anything with them either.
    When you can control its cycle, clone it, make a mother out of it & lay the whole plant over sc'ing, topping, etc....you let me know. 1 plant, DE 1k, RDWC. 46 day veg, so far. 3hDfQjb.jpg

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. These people have not, nor will not ever get that far ahead. Ruderalis is shit, even for later grows. When you're doing 500 dry grams per plant, you see things different. These people will be lucky and happy as all hell to get 75 dry grams of some mid they fucked up curing, and will swear its "fire", just because they grew it.

11. Apparently you cannot read very well, either.
    I said autos are to blame for people seeing "autoflower: this from seed in 50 days". Which creates stupid ass posts, from shitty growers, who dont care to learn. They're just mad their plants arent looking like the pic from the breeder at 50 days. Ruderalis phenos are so different, its crazy. They're really not worth fucking with. Indoor growing is done to control the cycle of your plant & its environment. Not having pistils shoot out at 20 days, or, you accidentally broke something on it, now its in shock and stops growing period and either herms or just goes into flower and the shitty grower gets like 12 dry grams lmfao.

I run a perpetual cycle, in rdwc. I know what my plants are going to do, how long theyre going to flower, how much I can supercrop/top them, laying the entire plant over, and then take more clones, etc. None of that can you do with ruderalis genetics.

12. B0B2B8C3-D733-42F2-B90A-8A2B3AF1C1E2.jpeg 030668C8-41DA-4257-A22C-B8A974127BB4.jpeg D1004543-98E2-4967-9E04-A0DD845BDAA6.jpeg
    Only made it part way through that.... but ur incorrect. Autos are 100% GREAT to fuck with IF you know what ur doing. Here are a few and not even the biggest ones I’ve seen. But yes most ppl fuck them up. I didn’t do mine(first one currently growing) justice at all but I just threw it in with some vegging plants so it isn’t a big deal. My issue was is I tried to use NFTG without ph’n the feed and it stunted it. If it wasn’t for that I’m sure it woulda turned out pretty ok for first grow

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ehgm...(coughing noise) the auto in my profile pic is over 600g. That was with a CFL and some shitty old blurples.
    130w CFL for 2 werks, 240w blurp for 2 weeks then 480w blurp for the remainder.
    Not to be too smug but I'd say that smashes your 1000w de mate.
    That particular one wasn't the strongest smoke I admit but it was a plenty nice day timer. I've had plenty autos that can go toe to toe with photos for strength though. not everyone wants to be half mortal all day too. I certainly don't.

• Like Like x 2
  14. And you do know when they're gonna flower if you know what your doing. Can extend the veg times too. I average 49 days before pistils when I grow NFT or double transplant into Coco with some root pruning.
    Want them faster just stick em in a solid, smaller pot and they'll start in 30 days.
    You can also take clones from them. They're the same age as the mother so bloom straight away which makes it fairly pointless but it does work lol.

15. They are not entirely different. A side from the auto cycle change it’s basically all the same... only difference is u can veg a photo longer and can correct ur mistakes in veg with a photo... u just gotta have shit dialed in more with autos...

16. #16 GrasscityGal, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Here to “let u know”...all those pics I posted was TOPPED at the third or 4th node, mainlined, lst’d, and heavily defol’d and I’ve seen quite a few ppl pull the plant over... nothing new. The whole part of it being an auto is to NOT control its cycle, so that part of ur msg won’t change. Cloning, I’m sure ppl have done it but cutting a clone don’t reset its timeline so not rly a thing to do.... and ur vegging so fast like that bc ur in a rdwc setup not bc it’s a photo

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ur assuming everyone has the space, lighting, environment, and skills to grow 500g on a single plant.... the average home grower don’t pull a lb plus a plant nor the lighting/skills to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. You'd be surprised how easily it's achievable in hydro mate.
    Don't need fancy lights or anything. Just a basic grasp of how to feed by using the ppm and pH meters. Which is again surprisingly easy.
    350-400w of cobs or qbs.
    500w of blurples or 600w HPS/CMH.
    Too many folk over complicate growing thinking it's science.
    The truth is , if you follow a few simple, basic rules then it's really easy to get decent weights in hydro.
    Took me 4 years of growing/ studying to realise I got it right on my first grow and shouldn't have changed a thing.

19. We’re getting slightly off topic and hijacking this thread for a debate about auto flowers.

What was the environment like in your last grow? What kind of humidity and temperatures did you see, ph etc.

20. I don’t think it’s overall hard.. but unless ur able to do everything correct from the get go(which most ppl don’t) it’s not the best thing to start in...ppl who educate themselves and do the needed things do well from the start, but id guess that’s far and few between. I’ll eventually go to some type of hydro setup but now enjoying soil