Would it be worth it?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by chillax420, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Here's my thought on legalization. If it were legalized, they would strictly monitor the amount of THC in the marijuana produced, and odds are no matter what they looked like they'd be low quality mids at best when it came down to it, because they wouldn't want people running around super baked. And then on top of it, they would crack down even harder on illegal marijuana sales so the legal industry would survive, and it would be harder and more expensive for us to do what we do. So I'm not sure it would be legal.

Then again, if they didn't crack down on illegal marijuana, it might drive street prices down which would be nice. The California state tax if it was successfully legalized was going to be $50 an ounce, meaning depending on what the gas stations or whereever you could buy it decided to charge it would probably be $70-$100 an ounce. Not sure about you guys, but where I come from if I wanted an ounce of some mids of the quality I'm expecting the stuff would be it would be about $400. That means street prices on the low quality bud would go way down to compete with the legal stuff of the same quality, and with those prices the prices on the higher quality stuff would probably drop too.

Just my speculations, what do you guys think?

2. if it wuz legal could it still be illegal for u to grow w/e u want so u can regulate the ammount of THC ?

3. might check your sources again; as i recall it was $50 TAX per ounce, not $50 FOR the ounce. still, an interesting notion regarding THC percentage in legal weed :wave:

4. That's what I said, right in the part you bolded yourself. xD

"the california state tax if it was successfully legalized was going to be $50 an ounce..."

So I estimated actual cost probably 70-100 an ounce, basing off pricing on cigarettes...though that may be a bad way to estimate price, it's the only way I can think of.

5. So you ask if its worth it? You mean is legalization worth it? Yes, I'm tired of constantly being in fear of the law because of a plant safer than alcohol, tired of inflated prohibition prices, and tired of these outdated laws that were based on racism, and I'm not the only one either.

And you are thinking that they will monitor the amount of THC produced? Of course they won't! You see with alcohol they have beer with low alcohol percentages then you move up to stronger wine and then on to liquor, you have a whole variety of alcohol percentages and that's how it's going to be with marijuana and THC percentages!

Besides, I'm sure you will be able to grow your own marijuana to have control over that, you can brew your own beer, so i can't imagine how they would legalize the sale of it but prohibit growing it.

And the post-legalization price is supposed to be half or less than half of street price. It's common sense that when you legalize an industry, the underground market goes away. Sure there will still be hobby growers, just like there are home brewers, but an underground market can never compete with a legalized industry - you don't see people brewing their own beer or growing their own tobacco and selling and making a profit do you? Of course not, when it is legalized, there will be no such thing as 'street prices' anymore, only store prices

6. Bandito that's the thing though, if they legalized marijuana because it's so controversial atm I don't think they would allow home growing at all, and that's also the reason I think they would regulate THC levels.

7. They Wont allow growing i think because i heard you are only allowed to have a certain amount of weed and when you have a plant it is considered a pound or sometin. And the prices will be very cheap imagine payin 100 an ounce of some sour diesel or grand daddy purp. it would be magical :hello:

8. It is true, the topic is very controversial at the moment and i can't predict at all how the laws will be made, but i do believe that if they adapt a model regulating marijuana as they do alcohol, then i don't think they would restrict THC levels or home growing

But yes you can easily say that it's too early to truely know what standards and restrictions will be put in place, i personally just can't imagine how they would have any argument for restricting growing a plant if they legalize it, you know? The main thought for legalization is regulating just like alcohol, and that's probably how it will go, so just imagine it all in those terms

9. I don't know if you have ever gotten bud from a med shop but it's bomb, it's the best place to buy it because you're actually getting what you asking for. For example my dealer could just sell me some purple bud and tell me it's GDP when at the med shop I know it's GDP.

Prices going up? You need to learn simple economics man.

And as for would it be worth it, I would totally say bomber bud for cheaper and not having to constantly be worrying about being harassed by pigs would be worth it.

10. ok you legalize marijuana TOMORROW... which means that once you got in your stash tin can be smoked in public.... 1 the market would be flooded almost immediately... lowering prices on the street... businesses open up to support and cater to this culture (hypothetically its legal so im not going to call it the counter culture) the super potent strains coming from canada, amsterdam, mexico, afghanistan, and other parts of the world would be grown as cash crops (which is the 3rd largest cash crop in the states to date) and they would create hybrids w/ our home grown skunk... creating even more potent strains.... honestly, i dont see how the government could possibly create or control a supply of less potent cannibus strain than what are readily available now... jobs would be created from factories, farms, and other businesses... legalizing would actually HELP fight the war on drugs.... we would pratically steal 38 BILLION dollars from the south american cartels (these are the real bad guys) which could be put to use on the REAL war on drugs..... oh and for those of you who are with me.... thats 38 billion taxable dollars... which could be use for better schools, roads, and businesses that create more revenue for the government.... yet they are too blind to see these things?? i think i need to send this particular post to my state senator, and the president.... their own studies on the drug prove them wrong... why else would they change the results?

11. I hate these type of posts. Of course legalizing is worth it. Even if they do not allow home growing and regulate THC levels. It means that they wont send you to jail for smoking and if they really are screwing it up that bad then the black market will still keep going. Besides, if they are legally selling mid to low grade stuff then just buy a bubble hash maker and problem solved. Legalizing is worth it almost no matter what because it means we don't have to feel persecuted and afraid of the law.