Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would it be illegal to give someone weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by goodseasons, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Like if your giving someone weed for free your not selling it so can you do that?

2. No because its still weed and weed is illegal (assuming its illegal where you are)

3. I am guessing your located in the USA, and not in anyway involved in medical MJ

You will still get charged with the amount you have (if you get caught giving a friend some weed)

4. Assuming you live where it illegal they will still charge you with distribution if you get caught. Come to think of it, I can't think of any place where its legal to distribute the herb unless you are either: A: ) A MMJ dispensary or B: ) A coffee shop over seas

5. Its decriminalized up to an ounce so if you have any less than that all you get is a ticket, but seriously if you just gave someone weed and a cop was like your under arrest for selling. Can you be like no officer i just gave it to him write me a ticket?..

6. If you have under an OZ and its decriminalized you'll just get a court date or a ticket

7. No its not possession anymore, one you are exchanging from person to person its distribution. It is not an offense you can just get a ticket for its more like monoply when you get the go straight to jail card. So dont do it infront of police.

8. But police cant prove it! I mean no scale no nothing just a baggy with weed

9. Nope still illegal

10. I think it is not an offense you can just get a ticket for its more like monoply when you get the go straight to jail card.
    [FONT=&#23435][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]​

11. Police aren't retarded man, they are regular people at the end of the day - I don't think saying that you just gave the guy weed will work in court.

12. Still trafficking bro

13. What kind of elementary comprehensive skill question is this?
    Weed is illegal period. Doesn't matter free or not.

14. are you high or just stupid?

15. Sorry but you're misinformed. Some states are decriminalized like NY but its not a federal thing, its on a state level. Why are you asking this OP I'm assuming if you give someone free weed they'd be a friend

16. This is from Norml it's the sale/distribution laws from Ohio. Notice a gift of under 20 g is a minor misdemeanor? This is where things get confused I think.

17. If a cop sees you distibuting it and wants to arrest you, just like any other time you're under arrest, saying anything to a cop will ONLY self incriminate yourself. So your question now is more of a question of will a judge in court believe you when you tell him it was a gift, when a police officer that may or may not be working with the judge (or is well respected) says he saw you sell the weed. That question we can not answer you, sorry.

But, it would be a shitty situation to be in. If you are trying to develop an alibi to protect yourself, this may not be the route to go. Or if it's really a gift and a cop does see you, I cross my fingers and hope for the best or run.

18. ... I'm not even responding to this...

19. Too late

20. In the uk it is classed as distribution, in the eyes of the law its dealing.