Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Would it be better to smoke while walking or sitting down?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by dakotathtsme, Jun 17, 2015.

1. #1 dakotathtsme, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
    Would the thc get into your system and be more effective if you smoke while walking? When you are sitting down your blood is flowing less hastily but when you're walking it's moving faster and flowing better. Idk I was just thinking about that and can't find any answers anywhere. Makes sense to me. :p

P.s. Maybe even just standing.

2. I prefer to make as little effort as possible when smoking, so sitting is my choice. But I heard that many people do some physical activities when stoned, like riding a bike. Maybe it depends on the strain you smoke (indica/sativa), but I never wanted to walk, run, etc. even after the most stimulating sativas I had tried.

3. I stand up to rip my bong. But that's for max lung capacity.

4. I prefer a sativa because I like hiking and what not while stoned but I tend to be sitting while I smoke because fuck trying to deal with a pipe while on a hike. Lol I just felt the full circulation of blood might make the thc get through the body quicker and get you stoned either better or faster

5. Dude it doesn't make a single difference whatsoever

6. Is it better to drink and stand lol

Is it better to piss and stand ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Here is a thought go take a walk and get high then the next time sit down and get high then compare how you felt and repeat what feels best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Sometimes I find the change of scenery walking provides increases the enjoyment of my high as compared to a constant,unchanging environment. As far as bloodflow goes, I would think of it as a factor at most. Besides, in Florida the heat can easily lessen your high or dull your mood at least

9. With Indica I prefer to just sit and chill. With Sativa I like to go for a nice long stroll in woods or along the beach and just enjoy the surroundings.
    I do believe that  too much exertion will hasten the metabolizing of the cannabis and also reduce the length of the effect.

10. Doesn't make a difference, but if I have the choice I'd rather sit. 

11. well thc reached the brain in just 1-2 minutes while stationary, I really am not that impatient

12. this is probably most correct, i think getting high in different situations will switch up your routine and make your brain pretty much not be so accustomed to a certain schedule. Probably confused in a way and it will appear as a stronger, different high.
    But in my personal opinion, i would think doing the least movement at all while smoking at a very slow resting heart rate would be most effective because ganja changes your heart rate, and thus when a change is made, it is probably going to bring a more intense feeling. Though im not betting on it.
    But btw the florida weather really doesnt get to me as much as it used to and i lived here all my life. Very fun to go out and stay active. Keep moving and the wind will cure the heat

13. Guys, I'm not trying to be a dick but I'm not asking personal smoking preference, I mean when you stand up your body has full circulation running while you're sitting down and doesn't circulate as fully so wouldn't the THC more successfully circulate throughout the body while you were standing up or walking?

14. Really not a big deal I was just wondering because I was stoned and a stone mind is a powerful one lol

15. It doesn't make much of a difference, but getting high repeatedly in the same place can dampen your high. Mixing up your location and scenery leads to more exciting highs. Walking doesn't change anything