Would a normal lamp work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmokeyMcPott, Apr 26, 2009.

1. if i used a normal house lamp with one of those energy saving light bulbs would it work?

2. Sure, but you would be better off with something that can take more than one bulb.

3. #3 BtBR, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    Bottom left, it's a normal desk lamp with a bendable neck, outfitted with a ysplitter. Ysplitters are available in the electrical hardware section at Home Depot. Of course, you can see there are many options for CFL lighting. From clamp lamps to power strips with edison to socket adapters and ysplitters. Or if you fancy wiring it up yourself you can tackle something like a bathroom vanity fixture + ysplitters.

Edit: DO NOT USE CLEAR CONTAINERS, I recently covered mine with brown paper and I've noticed they are much happier. Clear containers let light hit roots and this encourages algae :(
    [​IMG]

4. Damn bro, that's a buttload of CFLs!! I thought I had quite a few, but that takes the cake. Nice demo on the ways you can use CFLs in different configurations. That should be a required photo to be viewed by noobies......