Would 30 minutes make a difference? (11 hrs and 30 min vs. 12hrs)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mattylofgren, Jun 21, 2017.

1. I just switched my lights and have tested the timer several times before, however since the plants are totally sealed up now I can't physically check. I figure that my thermometer will tell me since I reset it before the lights were off but I'm just wondering if I checked the plants 30 min before the lights were supposed to go on again - woiuld that be OK? At what point do differences in time or do light leaks damage the plants?

2. You can check on them now if you want. A short peek will not effect the plants at all.

3. Chill OP

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh really? Does that ring true thoughout all of flowering? I was under the impression that I would have to strictly check on the plants during lights on time. Thanks for the reply, Mick!

5. Ya'll are growing plants not vampires. Optimum vs Reality.

6. I check on my plants all the time during dark period. I just use my phone flash light. Never more for a couple mins though. Sometimes its the only time i can check on them

• Like Like x 1
  7. If there's 20 minutes or so of low-power light before the main light comes on, that's not much different to the twilight before the sun comes up. It's not as bad as turning on a growlight or checking on them half-way through the cycle, which if done regularly could disrupt the flowering hormones. It shouldn't make any different, but keep it to a minimum.