Worst US loss of life in Afghan war as helicopter crash kills 38

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Aug 6, 2011.

1. is it true the seals killed where the ones that got osama?

2. The gov. says they weren't but they were from the same company.

3. Looks like the taliban and al qaeda are getting hit pretty hard.

4. Looks like the civilians are getting hit even harder. I'll one up you..

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/world/africa/10libya.html

5. Those drone attacks are atrocious.

6. Garrison, was that little article you quoted supposed to prove your point? Because i think it kinda backfired considering it said that more civilians were killed than al qaeda

7. The article that I posted did not say that. It said, referring to the attacks, not just the one today, that "many" civilians were also killed in addition to the militants.

8. yuppp one of those 38 was a local from my town

9. #110 NasaJoe, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    add them to the list..

[​IMG]

Among many others.. Oh man, what i would do if one of my family members was killed by an aggressive occupational nation..

10. These people, and I use that term very loosely, deliberately put children and other civilians in the path of danger, hoping they'll be killed so that the tide of public opinion will be against their enemies. They also kill civilians themselves, it's what they like to do. The amount of people killed by suicide bombs, and similar attacks, is astronomical, and they are deliberate.

In 1993 the Islamist extremists tried to topple the World Trade Center. I was right across the street from it when this attack took place, and not knowing what exactly happened I went inside where there was panic. We did not take military action after the first attack on the WTC, but we jailed a couple of people including the "Blind Sheik".

Now, there's an old saying that everybody has heard, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". The events of 9/11 were a declaration of War, as far as I'm concerned, and in all wars people are going to die, and the fact is our Islamist militant enemies care less for their own people's well being than we do.

11. Forget a new Country, I think I need to find a new planet... :(

12. #113 NasaJoe, Aug 10, 2011
    Did i mention 3,000 people died in the 2001 WTC attacks..

and since then..

250,000 have "perished" in our wars..

x

=

3,000 ~

That makes Americans worth 98.8% more than everyone else..

ITS NOT AN OPINION. ITS A MATHEMATICAL EQUATION. WAKE THE FUCK UP

13. #114 garrison68, Aug 10, 2011

If somebody punches you, and does harm, you have the right to hit them back harder.

If the civilian populations, where the Islamic militants are, really cared they'd stop the terrorists themselves, as any rational people would do, since they are also victims of violence from these groups. Apparently they do not want to or, more likely, their brains are so fried from inbreeding, isolation and dogmatic religious fear they're incapable of acting in their own best interest.

If any members of our military kills innocent people deliberately, they will be court marshaled and punished. The Islamic militants kill their own civilians regularly. Don't these people ever fight back? What in holy fucking hell is WRONG with them?

14. I don't think you ever have a "right" to harm someone. You have a right to self-defense, not preemptive strikes or aggression.

I think after 10 years they might look at us as the "terrorists". I know I would.

It's the darndest thing...even enemies might come together to defeat a common threat. They have a much stronger bond to each other than to us.

Many members of our military have killed hundreds of thousands to millions of innocent people - whether deliberate or not seems irrelevant to me. I don't recall anyone being "punished"?

15. #116 garrison68, Aug 10, 2011
    You do have the right to harm someone if they attack you.

They are oblivious, they do not know right from wrong, enemy from friend, or even much else about reality.

Well you obviously are against all war, so the semantics are different.

Could you imagine people in your city or town allowing gangs to go around using little children as human shields, for any reason? This is what they do, and worse, in Afghanistan and other places.

I repeat, what the fuck is WRONG with these people to allow their militant religous lunatics to do these things to them? How can they sleep knowing that this shit is happening in their own countries?

I sympathize with and respect pacifism, but there are too many people in the world who do not. I leaned that by the age of five, in the street.

16. #117 hoboleader, Aug 10, 2011
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ogFvraGT8[/ame]

[​IMG]

17. So we are still spinning our wheels because of 9/11? How many of the people we've killed, especially the innocent civilians, were associated with 9/11? Who is our grievance with? At this point the government says "terrorist!" and kills at will simply because of people like yourself making excuses for their atrocities.

Our past policies invited the 9/11 attacks. Your punching analogy...they were punching BACK, not first. ;)

They know who has drones and who doesn't. I don't think it's possible to predict where a drone will miss. That's where the civilian casualties are coming from...

I don't live in NY man, people in my town have the right to carry and DO. We don't put up with criminals. Castle doctrine FTW. WE don't however go around preemptively murdering people. We have the right to defend ourselves and our property from aggressors, we are not licensed to BE the aggressors.

We need to come home, immediately.

Non-interventionism works, just ask Switzerland.

18. #119 garrison68, Aug 10, 2011

Yeah, and I'm sure that if a plane was headed towards your town's business district you'd just pull out a rifle and pick off the hijacker before he hit anything.

Switzerland? The next thing you're going to tell me is that all 7.7 million of them have guns, right? We've already covered that - they also have compulsory military service, mandated government heath care, which is compulsory, and very high taxes - a nightmare for the self-styled individualistic, gun-totin 'merican. :wave:

It's amazing that people actually DEFEND these Islamic supremist scumdogs, as the victims not the aggressors.

19. dude the point is were not in Afghanistan to get revenge or to protect our freedoms.
    Therefore debating this stuff is irrelevant.