Worst Job You've Ever Had?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by professorblaze, Jun 12, 2010.

1. What's the worst job you've ever had?

Mine was after my 1st year of uni I worked for a company that got rid of agricultral pests with other animals...so basically I had to go to potato fields throughout the day and catch bugs in a net and count them. Sometimes we'd have to crawl if the potatoes were small.

Now I work as an engineer and co-own a 420-inspired clothing company (Vansterdam Clothing)....so stuff definitely get better, lol

2. seeing this thread twice. jk bro

Seriously, though worst job I had was stocking at Kohls. I started on black Friday.

3. Overnight shelf stocker at Wal-Mart. Fuckers always stuck me with the can aisle too, it was a pain in the ass, I always had to sleep for most of the day and never had time to do anything social... it just sucked a nut.

Been a long time, I'm much better off now.

4. i worked for a year at the olive garden in omaha fucking nebraska.

worst customers in the world.

its the wal mart of the restaurant chain.

5. I worked 3rd shift as a waitress at waffle house for a few weeks. that was by far the worst job i have ever had. other than that it was working in a deli at a small grocery store..ughh:mad:

6. oh and my bad saaid the wal mart thing before i had saw you posted, im sure it wasnt as bad as a real wal mart.

but its the place where the dirtiest people come to celebrate their "fortune".

7. All I had to deal with were late night townies. You had to deal with fat, uncultured, sweaty pig people the night after their big 25 cent raise, doing some FINE EYE-TALIAN DINING!

The idea of even setting foot in an Olive Garden gives me a case of the jibblies, like their white-trashiness will rub off on me...

I need to smoke a bowl to calm myself down. I think your job was a fair bit worse than mine, so no worres :bongin:

8. i had never been there before i applied and i was 16 getting 8 an hour.

oh god it was like a zoo.

the manager was a TOTAL jakovasaur, he literally said COOL BEANS as a response to anything.

9. selling cellphones...the fucking worst job ever, it drove me to a point where i wanted to murder anyone who even looked in my direction

10. Spent a summer working on a farm back in '94. That itself was cool, but baling hay was brutal, I have done alot of tough jobs, but that was the worst. If the bales were still in the shade the were twice as heavy because they were still wet. The hay itself was like little daggers, I had hundreds of little red wounds on my forearms. Brutal.

11. #11 Goldmine, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    ive had many many many shitty jobs, but a really shitty one that comes to mind is package handler at ups.

i mean, unless you like sweating your ass off inside a large trailer or on a conveyer belt that never ever stops bringing all sorts of crazy boxes and irregular items, some of which are real fucking heavy. oh and did i mention if youre tall you have to bend over every time you need to move a box from the belt to the inside of that 4 foot tall container that ends up on a freight plane. oh, and you have to scan every single fucking package for traaaacking.

and also, the people there happened to be fucking assholes.

tom thumb was pretty shitty. they sent me to work at some new store, and i got stuck trying to stack all the deodrants on this flat shelf, and they all kept falling over. what a nightmare.

and i have sold cellphones and that really sucks. oh and party city was pretty bad, but at the time i was young and my friends worked there so it was kinda fun.

at the end of the night, instead of 'zoning' the aisles like we shouldve(which means take all the shit thats all over the store that people left out of place throughout the day, and find where it all goes which would always take soo long to actually do), we would just go thru the aisles and take all the out of place items and stuff them underneath the bottom shelf in like this hidden area beneath all the shelves. and eventually each compartment was just stuffed full of random shit...party shit.

i heard after i quit that the manger steven this middle aged guy found out and was fucking pissed. i guess it was probably a pretty serious inventory issue.

pizza hut was shit. by far the worst pizza delivery job ive ever had.

oh and one time i had this job at this quiosk in the mall, it was ran by this dude from israel who supposedly was in the military for awhile bc in israel all men have to join. anyway the cart sold 'zoom copters' which are like zip cord operated plastic helicopters that fly up in the air and then come back down of course. so my job was to demonstrate how great it was and also tell folks. that was a very shitty job.

and once i worked at the little wal mart gas station, inside the cashbox or whatever its called. the 'booth.' i guess that was ok, if you like working a register all night and putting drinks in the cooler periodically. this particular gas booth didnt even have bullet proof glass.. it was just... glass. and at the end of every night you have to count every single pack of cigaretts bc people steal them, and there are like hundreds and hundreds to count.

fuck that noise.

12. Two come to mind. Number one was an asphalt recycling company all I had to do was shovel asphalt dust piles from under the machine, unload tar tankers, and any other bs. I only worked there a week, we broke the first supply belt they first dump the asphalt to be recycled on, twice. It was on the side of an interstate in between towns, no bathroom, no breaks, sun up to sun down. It was fucking brutal.
    The runner up was an earth excavating company near Dodge City, KS. Some good people working there, none of them were the owners or bosses, all very bad kind of people. I had to service heavy equipment at job sites, this meant being forced to drive an old fuel tanker/service truck, with no cdl, tanker, or hazmat, enforcement, to job sites. I also had to drive to other sites to take care of equipment putting 10k miles on my work truck in three months. I ended up getting fired for rolling a company truck on a dirt road, on company time, driving to my shop supervisors house at his request to help him get ready to take a motor to Witchita to get dynoed for the company. Oh and did I mention it was in sw Kansas? Worst area of the state, and this state is shit.

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      441 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      334.5 KB
      Views:
  13. I never really had a terrible job, but I hated working at Vans. Shifts were soooo fucking slow and I hated the mall. Lots of stuck up rich people. Sucked man.