Worst experience of my life.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KittensOnPCP, Nov 18, 2010.

1. My mom was the nicest, most caring, and loving person I have ever met. She loved caring for people, she helped the homeless, and took care the elderly. A week ago we found out she had Lung Cancer that had spread to her heart, and we were told she had 6-10 months to live. Two days later, we were told that the cancer was restricting her heart and that her Kidneys were shutting down, and she had "days to weeks" I was crushed. After she was moved to hospice care, I was determined to spend as much time with her as I could, so I spent almost every minute of the day in the room with her and my sister. We talked to her and let her know we loved her so much until she was unable to talk. We would still continue to talk to her and we knew she could hear us because she would squeeze our hands, and move her mouth and eyes. We stayed with her for 3 days, and we talked to her, my sister and I tried to act funny, because we knew that's how she'd want to see us, she always loved when we acted stupid, we fought the tears as much as we could to stay strong for her. Her breathing gradually declined until she fell asleep for the last time. I know she is in a better place right now, watching down on me, and I know that she is happy.

I wanted to remind my fellow blades to make sure you tell your parents you love them, you never know when something tragic could happen, nobody lives forever.

2. I'm sorry man. I couldn't imagine losing my mother. Stay strong man!

3. You're a good person. Good for you for being there for her every minute you could near the end.

May she RIP.

4. I am sooooooo sorry for your loss :( that is truly heartbreaking. Good to know you spent as much time as possible with her in the last days...and let her know how much you love her. Shows character!! Again, I am so sorry. My condolences to you and your family :( keep your head up. Hit me up if you'd like to talk/vent/etc.

5. #5 Boats And Hoes, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
    Blessings to you and your and family... I'm very sorry for your loss.

6. It's tragic what you've been through, thanks for sharing your story with us. It will make a few people stop and think about family and the importance of having loved ones around you. THanks again and hope you and your sister are doing better.

7. Im so sorry for your loss. :(
    I cant imagine how hard it must be for you, stay strong.

8. Damn dude, my condolences.

9. I'm real sorry for your loss. I know this is an internet forum, but we're all here for you. This is a community. PM me or anyone else if you need anything, even just to talk. Keep your head up.

10. damm tht sucks broo. stay strong.

11. that really sucks bro. it is awesome how you and your sis where there for your mom at the end. My deepest condolences friend.

12. You honestly have my sympathies. A loss such as yours must be a truly difficult thing, but I hope you can keep your head up and your sights on the future.

13. Sorry for your loss man, losing a mother has to be tough. :(

14. My prayers are with your mother and your family my friend... Im sorry for yur loss... :(

15. Thank you, everyone. It's been really tough for me, I was really close to my mom. I have lived with her all of my life, and she tried her best to give me the best life she could, even after she had a brain aneurysm 10 years ago. She taught me as much as she could, and prepared me for real life. We talked about everything, and had so many great experiences together. She was truly the best, she was loved, and will be missed by many people.

I hope that anyone that reads this will realize how important family is, and how much your family has actually done for you.

16. sorry for ur loss dude ur post almost made me cry i couldnt imagine losing my mom i hope u are okay dude an i am glad to hear u where with her untill the end:(

17. My deepest sympathies. I spent 10 weeks in hospice with my wife before she died. And yes you do have to put on a happy face while your heart is breaking. Those will be her last memories and they need to be the best of her life. She deserves it. You are one hell of a son. You have certainly garnered my respect. It's very easy to tell someone you love them ... do it, it will make you feel so much better ... and them too.

18. i'm so sorry for your loss man. deeply sorry. hang in there, man.

19. :(hey, sorry for your loos. i know not personally how hard it must be, but i watched my girlfriend go through the same hell with her mother and it was so hard for her. itll get better with time my friend. but for now, you have my condolences bro, take what you have good and put it to your future, and keep your chin up. sorry again man...:(

20. My mom also died of cancer when i was 3 :(