Worries about my seedling, whats wrong?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Vixen3000, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Ok so shes 4 weeks old today
    Is an autoflower indica strain

Her leaves are more yellow than green.
    Shes got one bew leaf curling up
    she feels dry even though i water her when needed
    the tips of the older leaves are white
    Her new leaves have burgandy edges

She sits under 24 hour 250W LED lights with a fan. I put her in pure super organic canna soil.

Whats wrong with her?! :(

Attached Files:

2. could be a dud, that amount of growth is maybe a weeks worth, also could be the soil is too hot for seedlings, you want to start them in some form of low nute seed starter mix like jiffy. Whatever it is that plant should be way more developed after four weeks

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Four weeks...I am a complete noob and these are Photo Indicas about 10 days (lower left is about 6 days old old when taken.)
    Different strains have different growth rates as do siblings...

IMG_0195.JPG

4. Looks like temps and phosphorus deficiency in the plant, but 4 weeks in is too long to save her.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. When you start a seedling in a massive container of soil, you can expect to sit and wait for quite some time for a root system to form. Forming a root system is the very first thing any plant does when introduced to soil and the more soil, the longer it takes. The coloring on your leaves is likely the strain. In looking at your soil (media), I see no perlite whatsoever which tells me that you soil is very likely retaining water like crazy and that you have overwatered. Unless you can lift the container and feel NO weight whatsoever, there is STILL moisture in the soil. MJ plants grown in soil do not like having their roots sit in wet soil all the time which is why we put so much perlite in the grow soils we use...probably about a 60/40 soil/perlite blend is good. You need excellent drainage to keep these things healthy and never water your plants until they are dry enough. From what I can tell, there is nothing wrong with your plant....just more soil takes more time and the plant grows on it's time...not yours. LOL I don't grow autos because I want to control the plant, not the genetic code of the plant controlling the operation. If you can't control veg time, you limit the harvest weight possible and autos are seemingly pretty easily stressed. MJ is already a super fast cycling plant. I don't understand the need to speed it up even more. It just means that particular plant won't yield as much as a photo strain would. But hey...to each his own. I suspect that most people who opt for those seeds don't actually understand what they are buying and attempting to grow. But hope it turns out well. The most important factor to impact the result is your flower lighting. The higher wattage and better quality lighting you flower with (per plant)...no crowding them up together just to flower more at once under a light, the better weight and bud quality you end up with. Don't skimp on the flower lighting. You'll most definitely regret it come harvest time. We flower 2 plants under each 1000 watt HPS lamp on a 10 week time frame and are averaging around 5 oz after cure right now. So more plants doesn't necessarily mean more weight in the end if you don't have the light to flower all your plants and are attempting to do it with one. You should never be forced to raise your light source(s) just to cover more plants. The further the light source is away from the flowering plant, the less effect it has on the plants. Keeping lights close to plants gets you the biggest buds from each plant...just have to be careful about getting them too close and causing light burn. But keeping good air movement between the tops of the plants and the light source all the time helps to disperse heat and keep them from burning. Good luck. TWW

6. This is an unusual one, what is the temperature? It looks like it may be too cold. A plant this size in that soil cannot be deficient in any nutrients so it most likely is a watering issue. I just can't see what else it could be. How big is the pot?

The plant looks 1 week old so I'm guessing the issue has been ongoing for at least 3 weeks of the 4 weeks of its life. How often are you watering it? What water are you adding? If it's tap water, do you know if it's hard water or soft water? Has it had any treatment or filtered in any way? Have you added anything else other than water?

7. What is this super organic canna soil? Please give us the rundown of what organic components are in this mix. My money is on the soil being the culprit here.

• Like Like x 1