Worried about my buddy

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by stupidstoner, Sep 9, 2013.

1. So last night my best friend got dumped by his girlfriend of 2 and half years. He tells me today like it was nothing much, like he just started seeing her a week ago and couldn't care less. But just yesterday he was worrying about her leaving to the point he couldn't stop talking about it. 

I'm worried, because for all the years I've known him (11 years or so now) he has never worried about a girl breaking up with him. He's cried for this girl, and no other girl has made him cry. He was considering buying her a ring less than a month ago and forced me to come along to make sure he didn't do it on impulse. 

He doesn't seem bothered by it, and I can usually tell when somethings bugging him, but it just doesn't add up to me. In about 12 hours or so, he went from stressed and worried she might leave, to completely chill. Am I worried about nothing here or should I be concerned?

2. Better now than getting married, having children, divorced, and in debt for the rest of his natural life.  Now he's free to roam and find another one.   

3. he'll be fine.. just keep packin it  :bongin:

4. Just be there to keep him busy , just smoke a ton and play some video games

5. Maybe he feels some relief that the relationship is over.

6. suck his dick to comfort him and relieve any lertover stress

7. Just be there for him which it seems you have been and will continue to be. I like seeing posts like this (not someone being hurt, but the fact that others care about their friends as much as I care about mine). Seems too many people these days are only concerned with themselves. Hell, if you guys were close to me, I'd offer my assistance in helping him have a few days of fun (at my expense). Keep doing what you're doing. You seem like a good friend.

8. You guys are way too dramatic on this forum.

Stop acting like women.

9. #9 Pot Toker, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    [quote name="Josh P" post="18648620" timestamp="1378686470"]You guys are way too dramatic on this forum.Stop acting like women.[/quote]Guns, whiskey, hunks of meat, wife-beating, and testicles!I'm so manly

10. #10 Serenity, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

That's a damn rude ass thing to say. So only females are allowed to express a wide rage of emotion?

OP there's no way he's not feeling at least a little depressed. He was with someone for over two years. It obviously wan't a week long highschool "relationship", true love was probably involved. But your post is confusing, did they break up? Because you first said she dumped him, but then he was worried about him leaving her?

11. Some people honestly need to man up and that's really not even a rude thing to say it's just the truth...

Unless of course you're gay then I understand.

shut up

Hey suplove.

bye.

you're not alpha stop acting like you're the man of the universe.
    get over yourself.

OP - your friend is very resilient which is a great quality to have. as said, just be there for him. seems like he's on his way to get over it quickly tho. you're a great friend for caring, op!

15. #15 Josh P, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013

All I said was hey lol ok then.

16. Just be there for him and maybe have a guys night out. You never know, if you take him out somewhere he might just meet someone else who will take his mind off of her. I'm not great with advice but just try to keep him from sitting around moping too much.

17. Yet you are probably one of the weaker men on this site trying to be the "tough guy" you're not. Easy to act however you want anonymously. I bet the Only thing you convey here that's true is that you're an asshole...but you can get away with that online.

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

You know nothing about me shut up?

You made assumptions about others here as well. I know you're trying to compensate for something you lack (and no, I'm not referring to your dick). Any "tough guy" that isn't the typical meat head would know they don't need to portray that on the internet as it's meaningless. Seems you're seeking something that's missing from your real life ;-)

So are you trying to portray that you're actually smart ;)?