Worried About Lighting 24/0 Or 20/4 (Autos)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by adamstubbs15, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Can anyone help and tell me witch is better I'm using a 300watt cfl (one bulb) and could u also help with expected yield purple kush auto (buddah) already said 300 watt cfl, biobizz all mix, biobizz grow, it's currently 16 days old ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406830993.565223.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406831007.516074.jpg

Hit Bongs Not Bitches

2. Sup Adam!

Your gurrlll is looking pretty healthy! In terms of effecting the health of the plant, switching from 24/0 to 20/4 will NOT have any adverse effects. In fact, you can even get away with switching to 12/12 because most auto flowers begin the flowering phase roughly a week after sprouting and getting their first nodes...

Now here's my recommendation...
    Change your photoperiod to 20/4 to save energy, $$$, and to keep your temps low and easily manageable. Also if you have your light running 24/7 you run the risk of popping a bulb. Never used higher wattage CFLs so I'm not sure how likely this is.

After you see signs of first flower, switch to 12/12. There's no reason not too, and giving them a longer photoperiod won't make any difference.

As far as "how much am I gonna get from this harvest?" I believe that is one of the hardest questions to answer that any grower can ask. Let me attempt it...

Judging by looks, you have an indica or a hybrid indica dominant.

If it only grows to 1.5ft. Best case you can get 9-14 grams, worst case you can get 5-8 grams

If it only grows 2.5ft. Best case you can get 24-oz+more possibly, worst case 15-20grams.

Hope that helps!

Good luck dawgie. Peace!!!😎

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. This is wrong. You want to run autos on 20/4 for pretty much the entirety of their lives. A friend of mine grows exclusively autos, so I know for a fact that auto-flowering strains DO NOT LIKE 12/12 light cycle. 24/0 is fine, 20/4 is fine, and 18/6 is fine. Never less day time for your plant than 18/6. 20/4, from what I've been told and read, produce the best yield. As far as yields go, it varies on strain.

4. My bad, you're right ma dood ^ forget what I said earlier lol

This is all terrible advice, seriously, terrible.

24/0 gives you the most growth so when anyone is using low powered lights I always recommend 24/0.

That looks good for 16 days. Will you be potting up to a bigger size? I would within the next week. As long as you get it in to a larger pot (about 10, maybe 15 litres) you should be looking at about 2.5oz - 3oz with a 300w CFL

7. Yeah I acknowledged that I gave faulty advice, my bad buddy...second time I apologized