Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Worried about going in for a job

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sw93, Feb 20, 2010.

1. So tomorrow I'm going in to drop off my application at Dominos, for a delivery driver. They are actively looking for drivers and the manager (Sounded like a young, friendly guy) said to come in and they'd probably interview right away.

I'm not worried about the interview, but I'm stressing about the possibility of a drug test. I've smoked practically every day for several months now, most recently last night (A lot). My parents, who I have to live with until this summer, have NO IDEA I smoke. So I guess I'm wondering a few things:

If they're really looking for drivers, especially to the extent where they'd interview a person who called on the phone right away, do you think they'd still send me to get tested?

How does the whole drug testing process actually work when applying for a job?

If I do get tested, how much time will I have to prepare?

Is it plausible to think that, in a week (what I've heard is the time I'll have to make the test appointment) I'll be able to pass the test?

I'm just really worried because if I kill the interview and then don't get the job, even if I never even tell my parents about the DT, they'll get suspicious. I was just really hoping someone could talk to me about the whole process and maybe put my mind at ease.

Oh and PS: For anyone that has worked at a Dominos before, as a driver or not, did you get screened? And did you pass?

Thanks a ton guys

2. Can anyone offer any help? The only job I've ever had (Gamestop) didn't drug test.

3. Pretty sure drug tests are required for any driving position in a job. Google it to make sure. So i suggest you don't smoke until you find out. And work out to burn some of that thc out of your body. If its a dip stick drug test you shouldn't have to much to worry about if you work out and don't smoke for a while.

4. Apparently if you take niacin pills it will burn your fat quicker. Do a search for it or something.

5. Im fairly certain they do not drug test. That goes for any pizza place. I know for a fact Papa johns and foxes dont. And mellow mushroom wouldn't have any employees left if they did. Hell I smoked with my boss when I worked there. I mean, whats more steriotypical than the potheaded delivery boy? Hell you take that away, you hurt America.

But on a serious note. If they were going to drug test you they would tell you beforehand and it wouldn't be during an interview or at the store for that matter. Even if for some reason they did it would be the cheap ones from wal-mart. Just drink a lot of water.

6. if u get hired they give u a paper and you go to a testing place within 1-3days of getting the job.

google certo. it has worked EVERY time for me.

7. One of my best friends drives for dominos, hes never been tested, hell, he smokes on the job.