Worried about being ratted out

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by iStoner, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Well I've got a strange situation that I got roped into. My girlfriend recently quit her job where she was being mentally abused by several coworkers, one of which is trying to ruin our lives by tipping off the law that I smoke pot. She doesn't know that I grow and she shouldn't have any reason to suspect that I deal (I don't). However, i usually have at least a few grams and i have 4 glass pieces kicking around that would be considerably incriminating.

The question is, is her word probable cause or reasonable suspicion enough for the police to search my apartment? Wouldn't they require a warrant to be able to search my premises?

Just paranoid, if this woman can pull the strings she claims she can, I can be in a world of hurt. I don't deal or anything like that, so I'm not THAT worried, but how far can someones word be taken in a situation like this? I know she COULD in theory lie to the law and say she saw things here that she didn't...because she's never set foot in my apartment building.

let me know what you guys think...any and all advice in this matter would be appreciated. She's really pretty far out of my life and would have to do some pretty underhanded stuff to get me busted but I just want to make sure all my bases are covered

take'er easy!
    Thanks

2. The cops wont go to to all the trouble to search your apartment and stuff if they are told you have a few grams or something, unless someone tells them you have a big grow op or you deal or something i dont think you have a problem.

3. hell no they can't search your shit just cause of what she says

4. you're screwed..

5. Pack that shit up and move it somewhere for a while. Some girl isn't worth going to jail over (if you get busted for a grow op).

6. his gf is not the one who will rat him out its one of her ex-coworkers, but i dont think they can search just from her word, watch sum law and order maybe it will be able to tell u lol

7. i doubt the girls word is probable cause. but if your really worried move your shit to the home of someone you really trust

8. whenever cops get leads like this they always take into consideration acts of revenge and things of the such im sure.

Im sure the cops get so many bad tips, especially when the person telling them is trying to get themselves a better 'deal'

Thats why when people get busted they usually just make up a bunch of bull shit that will lead the cops in the wrong direction while giving the apperance of being cooperative. The cops realize this im sure.

some skeezer giving cops a random lead will NEVER be enough to get a warrent to search your house, they may pay you a visit, i dont really know.

**Although since its an apartment im sure your landlord is more than willing to cooperate and give them permission to enter w/o a warrent, thats what id be worried baout

9. It's just hear say.

10. Man my neighbours were growing for a while nad everyone around knew....one night a couple months after WE started suspecting them of growing my dad opens the front door and has my ol'lil T-ball bat and is about to swing but he realizes there is like 5 cops with flashlights and shit just peeking in the windows of our neighbors house.

The old neighbors moved out nad now the new ones are growing, my grandparents were missing for like 2 days in the bush a couple weeks ago(They were found and ok) and the first thing the cop said when he came to our house to get info about where they could be and what we know about the situation was "So you got a lil asian grow op next door eh?" and still, nothing has happened. And that cop knew and he was from another town 30 minutes away.....

So im poretty sure you'll be ok. Just don't be stupid nad get caught doing dumb shit.:D

11. he/she legally can't do that, it violates the tennant landlord act
    she can allow them into the building if no one else will... but your apartment is YOUR apartment, its your space and you can deny them entry (if they dont have a warrant of course)

you can deny your landlord entry into your place if you want, but only for 2 weeks... legally, they have to give you a 2 week notice before entering your apartment

you got nothin to worry about... bitches talk shit... but talk doesnt stand up in court, cops wont do anything without some solid evidence

12. Actually, I'd hide that shit for a while. Like a month. This kid in town once got ratted out to the police by a "friend" that told them about his 3-foot bong. They raided his place, and found it.

However, this is a small town so they had nothing better to do. I'd hide the pieces if I were you, unless your cops actually have better things to do.