Worms

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Deep21, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Anyone try ir heard of putting earthworms in the pot of soil on an indoor grow?

2. Almost all the folks who grow in water only soils have worms in their pots. Even if you don't add them, if you have homemade farm fresh castings, then they just appear anyways. I like it. :D

3. ^yea i just got 50lbs of castings and saw lil worms in them so i put them outside in the shed its in a plastic container with buncha holes in it.. i dumped a bottle of water on it to moist em. Should i water em ofter?. will the bugs stay in the soil/castings? I didnt wanna keep it indoors

4. I just use worm castings in a liquid form so no worms in it. I was thinking some fishing worms might help to till the soil.

5. Don't need to water it often but keep them relatively moist. I have cubic ft bags and maaaybe give it a half gallon of water monthly; if that. Outside or indoors. Doesn't matter but all that would really be there is beneficial bugs.

Liquid casting isn't as beneficial as EWC. I would add a few worms to till and it adds castings so you wouldn't need liquid castings. Double benefits.

Add straw mulch to the pots or cocoa shell mulch. Smells like chocolate and it's not coir.

6. You just have to ensure there are no anaerobic conditions in the bin. This allows anaerobic microbes to flourish and create the "smell".

This also a reason there may be fresh dark colored castings on top, but discolored sludge looking castings on bottom. These are no good and contain anaerobic bacteria that create compounds, alcohols, that kill roots.

So yes moisten to a point but do not allow conditions to get wet. This is especially easy in plastic containers.

Provide lots of brown. Sugar is the food but carbon is the key to life. So lots of carbon for bedding and a really good compost. Mushroom compost is the shit. Worms love it.

Then top with fresh whatever to feed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

7. You can try to find red wigglers at the bate shop but its hit or miss. Fishing or yard worms will not do anything but die lol you need composting worms. Red wigglers if your in pots. Red wigglers and night crawlers if your in the ground.

The night crawlers will go to depths and allow deeper root penetration, which isnt needed in pots unless theyre 9-10ft deep lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1