World Cup 2010

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Aloha, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Well, World Cup 2010 is coming up soon. Any predictions? I really want to see Denmark, the team I support win! They are really underrated.

2. hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

3. haha whats up bro

4. Italy of course.

5. Haha they're good but they're pretty old too. Didn't have the best Confederations Cup either... not that it means anything though.

6. I'm hoping the US can improve upon their disgraceful 2006 WC. I also hope some of the players on the Gold Cup roster get on the final WC roster because players like Kyle Beckerman, Stuart Holden, and super sub Kenny Cooper deserve it.

I also want to see Portugal break away from their selfish style of play, because every time I watch them play I think of how much better they could be if they were less selfish.

I have a strong feeling Brazil is going to be a strong force in South Africa, and improve upon their lack luster quarter final knockout in 2006.

I want to see the Ivory Coast do some damage because they have quite a few GREAT players on their roster such as Drogba, (both) Toure', and Kalou.

I'm not sold on Argentina at this point, they got their ass whooped by Bolivia in early April, won 2 unimpressive games against Panama, and Colombia, and then lost to Ecuador. A team of their caliber and skill, imo, should be winning most every game, and they have not done that. I don't think Maradona is the teams best fit as manager.

7. yea exactly, argentina and brazil are both like that but brazil can actually apply themselves. but the U.S has definitly improved since the last world cup because they are finally joining the rest of the world and taking soccer seriously. i think they should be world cup status within the next 30 or 40 years.

8. im confused are u talking about cannabis cup or soccer

9. Maybe reading some of the replies would clear it up for you

10. GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

11. I don't think the US is that far off from doing well in the WC. I mean, they did surprisingly well in the Confederations Cup, and beat some good teams. I think their problem is players psyching themselves out when they get to the actual WC, and ergo doing awful. Soccer is such a mental game, that every player in the locker room has to be in the zone to win.

12. The mental aspect of the game is definitely as important as skills and other physical aspects of the game. I've played and know from personal experience the effects of the mental game. I'm really hoping England will hit it off this year, after being left heartbroken twice by two penalty shootout to Portugal in the quarter finals of the 06 WC and 04 European Championship....lets not even discuss not even qualifying for 08 European Championship. But with Capello, he seems to have changed things around and I'm super excited to see the results during the 2010 WC!

13. Portugal or England...

Spent 4 months in the UK watching footie and I fell in love with the English/Scottish premiere leagues.

14. I want to see USA win. We will not care and the rest of the world will be pissed off.

15. yea maybe not 30-40 but its still not at their hands yet, they need more work and training and what not

16. USA wont win jack shit..
    Reason nobody in america interested in football and the real name is football is cause the US is no good at it...

Kids not interested cause Daddy not interested.. Too many other games baseball, basketball , american football etc take priority at schools...

17. Let it be known, as if it isn't already. England might as well not even go. Denmark, uh, no. Italy has a decent chance. I'd really like to see Spain win. IMO they're the best team who's never won. They're also my favorite, but it's always hard not to cheer for Brasil, they're so exciting to watch. I was fortunate enough to get to to see them trounce the U.S. in an exhibition game at Soldier Field in Chicago in 2007. I will never forget Ronaldinho's corner kick assist as long as I live.

18. Don't count out the Germans! :cool:

19. Go England I am english and have also spent time over their? I like portugal great players. but if not england the netherlands, they have some of the nastiest players edgar davids is one of my alltimes too:)

20. Jesus with the US's last performance they look to be 100-200 years away from even qualifying for the WC. They got SMASHED