workout high

Discussion in 'General' started by highest0869, Sep 9, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone ever expirenced this. Basiclly it when your working out for awhile and then run on a treadmill for a long time. Lets say a mile or two and when your finished you feel like you have a body high. Idk it weird but have any of you ever had this

2. Yes it's the natural endorphin high. Your body's natural painkiller. Best feeling in the world.

3. Haha i expiremced this for the first time yesterday. It was pretty cool felt like i was floating

4. Besides the endorphins, exercise also stimulates your body into releasing anandamide- your body's version of THC! :D

Effects of exercise stress on the endocannabinoid system in humans under field conditions. (abst – 2011) Effects of exercise stress on the endocan... [Eur J Appl Physiol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

The role of the endocannabinoid system in skeletal muscle and metabolic adaptations to exercise: potential implications for the treatment of obesity. (abst – 2012)
    The role of the endocannabinoid system in skeletal ... [Obes Rev. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Wired to run: exercise-induced endocannabinoid signaling in humans and cursorial mammals with implications for the 'runner's high'. (abst – 2012)
    Wired to run: exercise-induced endocannabinoid si... [J Exp Biol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

'Runner's High' may have played role in evolutionary history of humans (news – 2012)
    'Runner's High' may have played role in evolutionary history of humans - Yahoo! News India

Granny :wave:

5. Granny is one the most interesting well read people Ive never met.^

I work out high all the time. Love it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I love getting that runner's high and then toking the get me double as high. It makes me feel FUCKING GREAT!!!

7. :laughing:

8. I didnt literally mean getting high and then working out..i ment like the feeling you get that ressembles a "high" that you get while working out lol

9. Funny this was just brought up again. I'm on day 4 or 5 of a routine t-break and just got done running 3 miles and pumping a little iron. DAMN I feel good!!! Chilling to some mellow tunes and I feel pretty high right now. :D

10. Disc golf high almost every day.

11. #11 notajew, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
    HELL NO.

Maybe it feels slightly better because you know it's natural, but it's a tiny high at best. Don't shoot up heroin, you might OD off the pleasure.