working two jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by BeachSpliff858, Mar 24, 2008.

1. hey guys, im on a little break from my education right now, and i have a job as a cashier at a local crabshack, log 30-35 hours a week, but i dont work at all during the weekdays during the day! (all day saturday and sunday though, and 5-9 on tues/weds/thurs). so as an aspiring young stoner trying to stack some guap i was thinking about getting another job, maybe doing some bussing/serving deal to make tip money....any of you GC blades have experience working two jobs? did you get burned out? did you make as much money as you thought you would? how long did you last? and would you recommend it? thanks blades, stay uppp:D:smoking:

2. im in the same situation as you buddy, i started working at a Garden Supply store but i felt like with the extra time i should take on another job so i started working as a dishwasher at a somewhat nice restaurant. It's an extra 9.50 an hr plus i split tips with the waiters/busboys. I haven't been working the second job long enough to see whether or not the extra work is swelling my bank account but its not like this extra job is putting a stop to my social life.

Plus you dont have to carry 2 jobs forever maybe use that extra job to help you get something you want, new game system, new piece, or a fatty sack

3. I wish I could find myself one job, let alone taking on two.

But I say go for it. Two jobs means two paychecks. And since you'll be working more you won't have as much free time to spend your money, so as a result your bank account will get bigger.

Plus I always find the harder I work during the day the more relaxing and enjoyable a night time sesh is. And two jobs won't give you as much time for smoking so you might not smoke during the day and you'll be getting higher when you do have the time for smoking.

4. i find this to be very true.

5. might as well have 2 jobs if you're not going to school

or just one really badass job

6. Just wondering, why not ask for extra hours at your other job?

7. i once got two jobs on the same day

for the next couple of months i delivered pizza and worked as a barback at a club - worked 6 days a week

it got old after about 3 weeks -especially since i hadn't worked in like 3 months - but i had lots of disposable income

8. A few summers ago when I was 16 I applied for a job at Burger King but their interview process took 3 weeks (biggest bullshit interview ever) During this time I was looking for other jobs incase I didn't get a job at Burger King. So I apply for this restaurant as a bust boy and they call me that night and ask if I can work tommarow. I go in and its the most stressful night of my life I work from 5-10 and it was so hectic because it was so busy.

Anyway I get the job at Burger King and the first day I start was the day I got out of school. My first day of summer was 7:25-9:00 last final 10:30-4:00 Burger King 5:00-10:00 job at restaurant. I didn't have a full day off for 9 days because I would work both jobs on the same day or had different days off. it became working 7-3 at Bk and 4-9 or 10 at the restaurant.

Anyways after a week I had a conflict within the work schedule so I went to the restaurant and asked if I could reschedule the day I worked at Bk. The lady was a bitch when I asked how to switch it so I was like fuck this Im burned out I quit and she was like...wow...

anyways the money was shit from BK but it was a more steady job because at the restaurant my hrs werent really set I would get out at 7 some nights and then 10 other nights depending on how busy we were.