Working on setting up my first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BA, Mar 3, 2010.

1. And I had a few questions that have probably been covered but im asking anyways lol.

Currently I had 2 20 watt fluoros and another 25 watt one inside a 1.5' x 3 foot mini fridge. I just wanna grow 1 plant for now, will this be enough for the vegetative stage? Or should I try to find a metal halide light?

another question is about the soil, what is the best soil for a single plant under these conditions indoors? Any help is appreciated, and I will be starting a journal once seed number one germinates :)

2. wow thanks for all the info!

yes, i do have ventilation at the moment, intake fan and outtake. K rating is 6500k, and i'll have to go buy some of that soil.

so you think a metal halide light at 100w would be the best option for the flowering stage?

3. Not MH (Metal Halide). You want HPS (High Pressure Sodium) for flowering. MH is generally used for vegging. Something like this: High Tech Garden Supply There are other nice ones such as Sun System which I have seen quite a few on here use.

4. Look into getting some Y splitters for your sockets. You can double the ammount of lights you have that way.

5. Ok cool i'll stick with the cfl's, my seeds are almost done germinating so im gonna start a grow journal too