Working at Taco Bell?

Discussion in 'General' started by LovingTree, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Sup guys, i'm working one job right now but I need two, in order to make it on my own. Taco Bell called and we are currently scheduling an interview date.

Has anyone known anyone or worked at a Taco Bell themselves? If so, how is it? I requested 8 an hour, since i'm getting 7.75 at my other job.

2. fuck the entire fast food industry, it's controlled by corporate greed. dont work there for the sake of humanity!!!!

3. You could say the same about government jobs; in fact they're usually the general definition of greed :smoke:

4. yeah and a job is a job so, do it man! if you don't like it quit, can't hurt gettin 2 weeks of extra pay.

do you bro, do you.

5. Well, I do want some different perspectives.

6. Well today was my first day and honestly I can say I loved it. :smoke: I worked for 5.2 hours, and I got 3 tacos for only $1 :smoking:

7. i bet you can be high during your whole shift

8. Fuck working in food.

9. Why? Yeah, low pay. But you can work your way up eventually I suppose.
    Free food (depending on where you work)
    I work with food and it's not bad at all.

and goodjob OP!
    glad to see you went for the job.

10. Better than working for the pigs or the feds. :smoke:

11. do it !!!work is work and money is what you need ..Your doing good work keep it up

12. Taco bell was my first job when I was 14. I lied, told them I was 16 and they didnt even check to confirm it. Just hired me and my girlfriend on the spot. Bad move. Don't ever work with your spouse/significant other. Had to put up with a dickhead manager who wanted my gf. Eventually created a story we were kissing on the job to get me moved to nights so he could move in on her. I told them to shove it and left. They fired me.

Same dude didn't like certain people so he wouldn't clean his ears, then he'd put earwax on people's food and they'd come in later sick and complain, but no one fired him, in fact, he was promoted.

The good thing is that you'll have another job. The downside is that it sucks. You're going to be covered in nasty grease and swet the entire shift, as its hot as fuck in the back and virtually no ventilation. You'll hate taco bell from that point on, as you'll discover all their food comes precooked, frozen, or dehydrated. Nothing touches fire ever. The beans are made by adding hot water from the faucet and then sitting them under a heat lamp. Meat comes precooked in a plastic bag that is tossed into steaming water to be "heated." You'll come to hate the smell and when you're within a half mile of a taco bell, you'll know it. The grease smell doesnt come off either, you can scrub that shit, but you're gonna stink the majority of the time you're there.

As one of my professors put it, it's going to do wonders for your face. You'll look 35 when you're barely 22, because the grease and hot environment will eat the shit out of your face. I worked there a few months, jumped to another shitty job after shitty job and finally went to school, as it's the only alternative to shit jobs that lead to no where but poverty and frustration.

On the other hand, my wife's mentally challenged mother (not kidding, has disabilities) worked there for 15 years and absolutely loved it. She said the simple, repetitive tasks 8 hours a day, 5 days a week was all she ever wanted. If this is for you, so be it, but I just wanted to offer my experience at the place. Peace.

13. A job is a job right now man. I was forced out of my job of eight years back at the beginning of the month and the only call back I have gotten since then was for part time at Best Buy. I am a factory worker / I.T. tech and even with the experience I have jobs are fucking scarce where I am at. I probably blew the Best Buy interview not having any retail experience at all but I'm just going for anything that pays right now so I can have at least a little money coming in. Going from over $30,000 a year to minimum wage is going to blow. I wasn't making a killing to begin with but it's a pretty major pay cut.

14. woww either its just me and im really high or when i was reading that it played out like a movie and at the end he just ends it soo smooth hahahaha

15. Well thank you. :) I'm kind of a writer in my spare time, trying to get some books finished to get them published. Maybe you'll read one someday and remember this conversation. ;)