Work

Discussion in 'General' started by XVIPimp, Apr 10, 2009.

1. What's up Blades ?

So, lately, my day job has been SHITTY. I'm sure a lot of you can relate to that...

There's a ton of new projects going on, so my fellow managers have been stressed and... let's just say, not fun to work with. We've all been working longer hours (some from home even) Saturdays, and at this point, it would not surprise me if we were asked to come in on Sundays. There is no extra compensation for any of this.

Oh yeah, I also had to "postpone" an approved vacation because of all the extra projects going on. So that means I'm out of some money on the deposit I put down to rent a condo & I haven't even contacted the airlines yet, either. All of this has really affected my mood recently... I'm generally a pleasant person to be around, but I've noticed that I've been really short with others, and just not my normal friendly self. If anyone here has noticed, my bad.

I know things could always be worse, and I am thankful to have a good job in this economic downturn. I guess I'm just coming to the realization that I chose a degree & career path that I now hate.

Last week I was offered a pretty good raise in salary, if I would go back and get my masters degree. I don't know about that. Right now starting over on a second degree, in something I actually enjoy doing, sounds more appealing...

Your thoughts ?

2. what's ur job now and what do u want to do?

3. .....None of us know you, the debts you have, what your future plans are, what your interests are, etc...I doubt anyone here can say if you should go back or not. If you really hate your job then do a different degree...

4. I hear yah bro, i work mon-sat 8-5.....Sucks about your vacation, what kind of work do you do?

5. I can't say for which company, but I'm an information systems manager at a major communications provider. It's not as fun as it sounds, trust me.

I'll get back to you on the what I want to do part... something involving animals or wildlife would be a nice direction, I think. As long as it doesn't include a desk, and excessive computer work, I would be happier.

6. No debts for me, other than a car note. That's nothing though...

I wasn't asking for advice on rather or not to persue a new degree, I guess I should have conveyed that better in my first post. I'm going to do what I feel is the best for me. I just wanted to vent for a minute, and see what everyone had to say...

7. you work for verizon huh?

8. It may or not be verizon... if it was, I wouldn't tell you :p

Sorry... just paranoid about people I potentially piss off on this site trying to contact my employer & letting them know I smoke weed. That's also why I avoid this website at work, and on my phone.

9. haha yeah I got you man,

anyway, something with animals would be really rewarding