Work at home jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by briangumble, Aug 22, 2006.

1. I've heard a lot about work at home type of jobs but whenever I look into them they always seem like scams. Are there any legit work at home jobs? I start school in a week so I won't have time to get a regular job.

2. Well... my dad works at home and his salary is in the 6 digits. But then again... he works for Hewlett-Packard. The ones you're referring too are bullshit. I mean, even the ones that DO technically work will end up screwing you over in the end because it's all just bullshit.

Real work at home jobs involve a Fortune 500 company, a college degree and lots of hard work. You can't NOT have enough time for a part-time job unless you're just lazy. Get a fucking job. Life is hard sometimes.

Or you could sell drugs... that can be an at home job.

3. Growing marijuana!

4. I literally won't have enough time for a job. I'm still in high school (I'm 18), and once school starts I'll be at school for 8 hours a day, Mon-Fri. So I can't get a job on a weekday cuz then I won't have any time to lift weights or anything. I might be able to get one on the weekends, but weekends are gonna be the only freetime I'll have so I won't wanna give that up to get a job.

5. Yes, there are, but it depends what you want to do, and how much you wnt to earn; piece work jobs, for example, are legit, but pay very poorly. Freelance proofreading, for another example, requires a qualification, but yields far better pay.

99.9% of the jobs advertised along the lines of, 'Make real money from home!' etc are scams indeed. Anything that requires you to part with even a small amount of money is a scam, and most 'pyramid' schemes yield few rewards. In fact, I believe they are illegal, though they somehow slip thrugh the net....

My advice, if you want to work from home, gain a skill, and go legit. I did some freelance advertising from home once, and that was superb.

6. No offence, but I had a full courseload in grade 11 and I worked two part time jobs. I worked out at school and still hung with my friends. I had been in a car accident and had some moeny I needed to repay. Passed every class too. If you need the money bad enough you'll make it work.