Word Of The Day

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Zetto, Dec 1, 2016.

1. #1 Zetto, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Hello everyone, I'm saved by the grace of Jesus Christ. I'm a sinner who needs to constantly remind myself that I'll never be perfect. Thank God, for coming down as a man named Jesus Christ. Jesus lived a perfect life and then suffered the punishment that we all should have taken! I'm a sinner saved by grace through faith. And I have to constantly remind myself of Gods justice and love. There is no better way to do this than by reading his word! So even if you don't believe just read it, you never know what God wants to do in your life, even if you don't "believe".

I will update this post every day with a new passage!

Nov. 30, 2016
    Matthew 25:36-40
    36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,a]">[a] you did it to me.’

Meaning: Whenever you help those around you, you're impacting their lives greatly. You're showing them love, when they needed love the most. Loving other people is so important, and we may not always be the perfect examples of that. But whenever we help others, even if it's something small it's as if we did it for the glory of our Father in heaven.

Dec. 1, 2016
    Mark 8:36
    "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Meaning: You could have money, a nice car, a hot girlfriend, plenty of talents and friends. But it will not change where your soul goes after you die. If we continuously live our lives with pride, greed, lust, and everything else, sure we will become rich on THIS planet? But for what? We can choose to live in evil till the day of our death, or we can choose to accept the savior and accept that God's plan is better than ours. These 2 decisions will be the outcome of where you soul goes after you die. Choose wisely, your soul is your everything besides God who made you.

Dec. 2, 2016
    Proverbs 28:13
    "Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy."

Meaning: When we are wrong about something, it's best just to confess it and give up our pride. When we openly confess we did something right we prosper. God takes care of us. He loves it when we confess our wrongs so he can make them right!

Dec. 7, 2016
    Ephesians 2:8
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,"

Meaning: If you believe that Jesus' sacrifice saved you. Then you have experienced his grace! Nothing can overdo His grace, nothing. If you believe by faith, then you have been saved and you will inherit the kingdom of God. Get right with God and confess any problems you have to him. He is listening! There's nothing that we can, our works can not save us, only Jesus's.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi and nice to see another outspoken believer in Jesus Christ on the forum. We're not the norm but that's OK. I've always felt that if I could even get once person to understand the goodness and grace of Jesus, it's worth all the criticism you typically get for being willing to share your faith. God is good....all day, every day!! TWW

• Like Like x 2
  3. Amen brothers in Christ, I'm with you, Praise Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1