Wooden Pipes

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by mhzer0, Aug 31, 2013.

1. I just bought my first wooden pipe at my local headshop. It looks like its painted black or it might be naturally black but i'm pretty sure its painted. It looks pretty much identical to this one in this picture I attached but mine has different carvings. Anyway this was the last material pipe I had left to try so I decided to give it a go. So far its pretty good and delivers very nice hits and the carb/choke on the front comes in handy. The smoke tastes very different from stone or glass but it still hits like a stone or glass piece. It beats a cheap metal pipe for sure but id say stone and glass is much better because of the cleaner hits you get from them. I was just wondering if these pipes are harmful to your health? I'm not sure if the taste is from the wood burning or is that just the way these pipes taste when you smoke them?  

Attached Files:

2. Once you break it in a little the flavor will mellow out. Just need to build up a little resin in the bowl.

3. #3 Fiend4Green, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    Could depend on the wood like think about it, u got paint and wood in there and u light either one of thoes some elements might burn off into smoke or vapor and go into ur lungs along with ur weed hit.
    But some wood just might get dark and not smoke off. But if u burn wood it smokes up.
    I dont think wood beats a metal pipe. But that pipe will deffs work it wont kill u or cause major damage to the lungs

4. I'm actually using a very similar wood pipe and I love it.
    Gets me baked off one bowl

I've had it for a few months and now the bowl piece has broken slightly and I have to hold it while lighting it.
    But it's still good

Smoke wise, I feel the hits are much harsher than a bong or joint IMO.
    I can just feel my throat burn when I take a hit

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I would test it by throwing it in the fireplace and see if the inside of the bowl burns.

6. I made my own wood pipe out of an unknown wood i found. I sanded it with 320grain i think it was and lathered it inside and out with olive oil and used paper towel and cutips to soak up and excess olive oil. Now that its soaked in, it protects the wood and helps it not burn too much. The bowl now is slightly charred and has resin buildup and it tastes just fine. I personally wouldnt smoke out of a painted or stained pipe.

7. i have a little wooden pipe with a screen a friend gave me to smoke some hash with, i honestly use it more than my glass now because the bowl is the perfect size to go from sober to faded but functional. its no bigger than bic so i can put that packed in my change pocket on jeans and im good

8. #8 Mr B 420, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    I have a little wooden pipe of a similar size only it doesn't have a carb and has a soapstone bowl so no worries about inhaling other shit.

Hits from a pipe are definitely harsher than a bong, but once you get the hang of things it can hit you as hard as any water pipe.

<--- Puff, puff, pass

9. That pipe looks bad ass good sir! I have a wooden pipe as well!