Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Won't leaving vaporizer on burn your herb?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by superconducter, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Hi,

I'm checking out the vapor bros. vaporizer and came across this interesting video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9luNVYlT_E&feature=related]YouTube - Vaporizers 101[/ame]

This guy say that you can leave it on for hours and it won't burn. Seriously?

Also, he says: "as the vapors cool off they condense and come back again" and "the vapor just stays in the first three inches....all day."

Can anyone confirm whether-or-not this has been their experience???

Thanks again.

2. I have also wondered about this. I think since the vape bros does not have a fan it just keeps vaping and fills the wand up till you inhale and make air pass over the herb.

3. #3 PuffDaDragon, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
    I have that exact vaporizer and if you leave it running you can see the vapor coming out the mouth piece. The vapor is so light its hard to see but if you hold a flashlight to the mouth piece you can see the vapor come out. I definitely would not recommend leaving it running while your not using it since it is kinda like mini heater and you wouldent want it falling over or something like that

4. the whole point behind a vaporizor is that you control the exact tempeture
    so if you leave it at one tempeture it will stay there

5. Hi again,

thanks for the suggestions.

i am wondering though if the vapor is generated by just leaving it on, as is shown in the video, or if you must actually pull air over the herb for it to vaporize.

this would be helpful to know for first time user so i know whether or not to just let the vapor develop then take a hit, or if you must take a hit for the vapor to be released.

subtle but important distinction.

thanks again for all the great help on this forum.

6. i would think that the herb gets vaporized from just sitting their since the heating mechanisim is so close to the herb, although pulling air would probably excellerate the time it takes to vaporize