Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Wondering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Flannigan, May 9, 2023.

1. I'm wondering how good a 1000 watt hps will work inside a 4x8 tent until I get more wattage? I wonder if I could flower a 4x6 area of it really good?

Sent from my LGL322DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Depends on your reflector . Yea you can do a 4/4 area best high output over kill .. You cant do a 4/6. But if you were to put the light in the very middle raised it three feet above you can get up to 6/4 flower not the best on side plants . But not having the plants is even less yield. / Here is what you do.. Day one plants under the light. Rotate that plant to the outside. The outside to inside . Continue to rotate them so there sharing the strongest light. This will work. Not the best but it will give you a good yield . Go for it . In the future better to get two 600 watts in that room cooler temps and trade off for yield.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ok thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brian Oconner do you think 1000 will yield as much in 4x6 of that 4x8 area then 1000 in a 4x4? As I have seen people get 32to 40 oz in a 4x4?

5. i think the rotating idea works but it is a labor of love thats why i dont scrog i am forever rotating and rearranging under my HPS but i am a hands on gardener no timers either and use 7 gallon pots with 6 plants and you can get close to 2,000 grams

• Like Like x 2
  6. if you pick a good strain and top ,LST and veg for 40 days it can be done also maybe some LED side lighting

• Like Like x 1
  7. With a 1000?