Wondering if this idea will work..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iLL PiFF, Feb 25, 2010.

1. I am thinking of growing this plant my friend gave me in my room and I found a pretty cool spot. I have a 5 gallon tank with a pot in it and the inside has aluminum foil (dull side) facing. It is still a seedling, and I give it 18/6 hour of light a day with a 60 watt CFL. I also have fertilized soil and water it every day. I also have a tower fan for ventilzation, I keep that on all day so it gets fresh air. What I need to know is, can I grow and harvest this plant in only a 5 gallon tank, 11 inches high 18 inches wide. Also, based on what I said, is there anything im doing wrong or you guys can suggest?

2. depnds how long you wanna veg for. but i cant see a problem.

Someone with more experience may shed some light =)

Good luck dude

3. That's a very small space, you'll need to LST alot and top yuour plants to keep em short, you'll constantly have to be pruning and might just run out of space but, I do think it can be possible if you actively control it's height.

You'll have your work cut out though.

I'll advise to keep that cfl less than an inch away from top with a fan constantly on it to prevent leaf burning and that in turn will prevent your plant from stretching therefore keeping it short and stocky, If possible put more lights real close and run a 24/0 light schedule to prevent your plant from stretching in the search for light.

Goodluck;)

4. #4 iLL PiFF, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    Aiight thanks man. I am pretty sure I got all the basics down but if anyone else sees a problem, please let me know.

*and cflgroweranon, I was planning on doing LST already and yea, eventually there will be no more space and ill just have to harvest. But thanks for the light scheduling tips. Unfortunately, this is the largest amount of space I can use in the spot I want to grow in. Need my own apartment lol

5. lol no thanks man, can't risk that. Its pretty sweet though. Maybe when I move out, if its still for sale, ill hit u up.

6. i read it wrong =/ thought u were using the 5 gal container as a pot lol man im tired. My bad =)

7. Well I have a pot in there now, you think i should fill the 5 gallon with a little soil and just LST in that?

8. If you grow in your 5gal pot, where is your grow setup going to be??
    Also, I just noticed you say you water everyday, BIG NO NO for seedlings, maybe in flower stage as your plants pack on quite an appetite but as of water water every 3rd day or when the pot is light or when top few inches of soil is dry.

I'd say figure out what space your going to grow in, then work around that.;)

9. It isnt a pot. It's a 5 gallon aquarium tank. I have a pot with the seedling in it. I was planning on buying some more soil and growing it in there, keeping the height about 8 or 9 inches tall using the LST method. The tank is 11 inches high and 18-19 inches wide.