Wondering about yield

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by glarramir, Aug 21, 2011.

1. I have two 75 watt flour lights in a 4x4x6 area with reflectors. Miracle Grow Moisture Control soil. Two plants from some good reggy seeds. I was wondering about how much should I yield?

2. Often asked on here. No way to determine that till you harvest and weigh it. Ditch the MG soil.

3. i'm pretty good at guessing.....i'd say 4 pounds.

4. :eek:

bro that is a terrible estimate, no offence.
    OP would be lucky with a QP-HP

5. #5 mjmama25, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    That depends on sooooo many things, but you may not yield anything if they both turn out to be males. If they are female, it depends on strain, how long you veg, and your overall growing skills. I agree with rhapsody about the MG soil. It's really not ideal. For any future grows, try to get soil that doesn't have time released nutes. I'd stay away from most soils sold at a walmart or home depot type place. Hit up the grow store and they can help set you up with all you'll need.

6. The question should be, Wondering about quality and how to achieve that. Yield should increase with knowledge.

Good luck, Be Eazy...V

7. Hey bud. I disagree on not using mg soil. I've been using it and as long as you don't over water. You won't nute burn yr plants. Click on my sig and check out my grow if you need a reference.

8. more then a joint, less then a felony ....

9. I tend to use a 600 (+) watt HID for that space.. you're gonna get a lot of popcorn

10. 2 75 watt lights will give u 150 plants

11. I grew with MG soil what i found from it tho is, during when u flush your plant all those lil nute balls in in the soil that didnt activate before will. This will burn your plants whenever u flush them. I am a new grower and didnt flush between veg and flower and only at end of flower. If i did after veg i think it woulda fried my plant.

12. i dont see why you would need to flush after veg anyways? lol
    ive never understood the logic behind that.
    but that does raise the question of if i flushed at the end of fowering with mg soil, would i be putting more chemicals in my plants or getting rid of them 0.o

13. #13 BongSquad, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    because people who use good nutes and soil want to completely change their nutes, and give the plant a fresh batch of food that will do things that boost resin production and bud size, as apposed to foliage growth.

also: you would be putting more chemicals. MG soil is bad.
    go for some FFOF soil or just check out whats good in your local grow store.

I went into greencoast (a local dispensary/ grow shop) looking for FFOF soil, and they were out. however, I was shown to a very nice organic blend with alfalfa meal, kelp meal, bat guano, compost, perlite, everything.

14. expect nothing. guaranteed not to be disappointed. then you will know for next time too.