Women who call me "Dude"

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CAPITAL CROOK, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Dude, now that's a handle no one would self apply where I come from...

But seriously,

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well he gets it.

Okay, I'll try again.

Dude isn't a term of disrespect. There's a number of terms anyone can call me, and dude is on that list. Call me dude, bud, buddy, guy, sir, brother, hombre. I just don't want any disrespect. But if it bothers you enough that you're willing to write off an interaction with a woman you don't even know then so be it.

As an aside, do you view all women as potential sexual partners primarily, because that may be part of your problem. They are our fellow human beings and deserve to be treated with the dignity that that comes with.

Also, I'm kind of into dudeism, and in dudeism dude is a universal term to refer to any man or woman. We are all just dudes abiding our way through life. I think you should consider abiding the term, because honestly it shows respect for your chillness of demeanor.

Just my thoughts, one dude to another...

• Like Like x 1
  2. This should be under philosophy’s of life or something... lol just a sophisticated male trying to dodge the daily “dudes” tossed at me by women I don’t know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You guys keep bringing it back to this shallow level of "Dude" and what it means. I am aware what the term "Dude" means, it is a term I have used my entire life. There is a deeper implication I am making by having this boundary than the term dude and Y'all are just not grasping it, so I guess I am going to have to quote myself and bold the reply that I made?

4. Dude, I read everything you said, took it in, and spit out my truth. If it's the same truth you don't want to accept, then so be it. Just know you're seeing this situation different from most people. So you're an outlier on this and can't expect society to adapt to meet your individual idiosyncrasies. If it's someone you know, sure bring up that you don't like the term. But a stranger on the street? Be polite...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I guess in this situation like all bullshit aside, it’s kinda like the word “moist” the ish just bothers the hell outta some people. And for homeboy, it’s the word “dude”. Learn somethin new every day frfr

6. I discovered this while watching a Jeb Corliss interview several years ago, where he calls his mother dude. First time I heard it used for a woman but maybe he's a dudeist too. Personally I reserve the word for men, only because I'm sure most men are not ok with being called chicks.

7. Yeah I don't really use it with women unless I know they're cool with it...

8. You'd have a real rough time being a woman with the way the term "bitch" gets thrown around and used interchangeably especially with the emphasis of the negative connotation that goes with it and how easily people, especially men, throw it around. I hope you are as meaningful as you are about that as you are passionate about being called a dude.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. yes

• Funny Funny x 3