Women who call me "Dude"

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CAPITAL CROOK, Aug 30, 2019.

1. He was probably like:
    l0IxZpEsbQYba4h6E.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. The idea of setting a boundary is directing the interaction; I didn't expect her to know, how could she, but when I set the boundary and you have something to say to me that you feel is important enough to speak to me as a stranger, why fight the direction the boundary implies? Obviously whatever she had to say wasn't that important in the first place.

The connotation of Dude isn't what is offensive to me, in fact I have already touched on why the term is offensive to me, so I don't need to go into it again. You are correct, she did not call me a derogatory term, but did give me a derogatory title in our interaction.

How are we all dudes? Quoting Lebowski and using Lebowski memes isn't bringing any sort of counterpoint; my life isn't Big Lebowski lol.

3. No, I walked off to my car being followed by a tirade of derogatory titles.

4. I feel all the time youve wasted creating this thread reading responses and responding you could have done something much more productive in this time but since this ridiculousness has come this far i might as well ask are you too good for to be called dude because of how you dress or carry yourself? That makes you sound stupid in my mind to begin with because some folks like myself call everyone dude or man male or female old or young well dressed or not dont matter it just comes out without even thinking about it and i think if people know you dont like it its going to be your name from here on out dude.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well you seem like a closed minded disrespectful individual...i opened this thread for a laugh but wow kinda sad DUDE maybe you shouldnt be such a B**** and smoke another or get the heck off my forum! No disrespecting women or you can go perform genital mutilation become a women then ypu cant use that kinda language with women....woah that got dark fast...but seriousley go apologize to your mother and tell her how disrespectful to women youve been on the interwebs

Sent from my LM-X210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Dude and bitch are nothing alike. Go back to your safe spot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The lady didn't intend on having a conversation with you, she was being friendly when she greeted you in passing and you went off on her for no good reason. I also don't think you understand what boundaries are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I call guys dude all the time, I would never call a lady a bitch unless I wanted the cops to come.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I would love to answer a lot of the questions you guys are posing, except I already answered them earlier in the thread, so rather than me answering them, why don't you just quote the answer I gave and respond to that. I don't need to reiterate myself.

I call most men I know dudes. I don't refer to women as dudes; maybe they would like me to do so and upon request, I would, but I am not going to defer to that naturally. When I call a woman dude, or she calls me a dude, that implies that the interaction happening is like when I call another man a dude, which is not the case. I'm not interested in fucking men, so I can much more easily defer to "Dude" for men. If I am interacting with a woman who I desire, dude is not the term of endearment that comes to mind... The use of the term dude implies a benign nature to the interaction and I'm not out here to have benign interactions with people I romantically desire and if they are, i'm gonna put up a boundary right away to preserve my time and my peace of mind in tolerance. I've touched on most of this earlier in the thread.

I am available to be closeminded and available to be disrespectful; if you wish to be bound by those things, that is your choice, but you will not bind me with that. If I'm a bitch, because I choose to live my life, the way I want to, what does that make somebody constrained by the thoughts of others, such as yourself? Show some spine and individuality, don't just be a carbon copy of those who came before us... By not defining what you want, how you want it or why, you are not doing yourself any favors... This world is not the same one from 40 years ago, it is different and you need to be different as well and by not being different, but by being the same, I would say the closeminded title belongs to you.

Definition of (interpersonal) Boundaries: According to some counselors, personal boundaries help to define an individual by outlining likes and dislikes, and setting the distances one allows others to approach. They include physical, mental, psychological and spiritual boundaries, involving beliefs, emotions, intuitions and self-esteem.

Achieving definition in the way I want to be interacted with is fine; I did not respond to her in anger, I responded to her with a boundary. For a person who claims to know what a boundary is, by making the suggestion I do not, this concept seems to be outside of your grasp.

Have Y'all not been reading what I have been saying in this thread? Go have a re-read of what I have been saying, a lot of it applies and answers the questions you are asking; I have no problem having a civil conversation about it, but revisiting the same questions over and over is just derailing.

10. Women who call guys dude, have the best pussy and know how to roll blunts. I pitty your mindset and bid you good day.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Generalizations aren't helping anybody, so its a good thing your out the door.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Setting boundaries for people you will never see again doesn't limit their behavior. No disrespect meant but you sound like one of those guys who walk down the street talking loudly to themselves but I'm sure that's not the case.

13. xT77XWum9yH7zNkFW0.gif

It's also a turn on if a guy is comfortable enough in his skin and confident enough to not let something stupid like "dude" ruin his mojo that he got goin' on

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. The most disrespectful thing of that whole story was your reaction. Had that been a family or friend of mine and I saw you act that childishly, you and me would be having a discussion about respect.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lol I call my husband "My dude" all the time. He not offended by it. I'll remember that you are tho an ill try to remember not to call you that if we ever talk :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  16. That's funny as fuck. She sounds cool. Maybe she wanted to go out with you and blow you but like you said, she called you dude so it's not worth it. Your loss dude.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dude!?

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Your attempts to generalize my character says a lot about your own.

I am at a point in my life where settling down is looking like a better option each day; some woman who is walking down the street trying to blow people is not appealing.