Women hating Muslims, Political Correctness

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by VikingToker, Feb 7, 2014.

1. preeetty fucking shocking alright dunno what to say accept im glad im not a gay russian or a muslim woman i guess :s im very fortunate to have been raised in a society controlled by a religion that molests children constantly, protects the culprits and treats women like shit while they contribute their hard earned cash to the church to fund the legal bills of the paedophiles they protect! 

2. on a positive note, we arent gonna drill for oil off the coast of alaska! hurray!

Alright crow, our conversation is not going anywhere. It seems to be turning into an argument for argument's sake. We may be talking past each other a lot.

(1) That's a destructive thing to say, and not very fair towards me.
    I think bringing up the topic itself can be constructive - not a lot of people think about how others are treated around the world. If nothing else, the awareness can change how people think about their life in their own country.
    (2) Again, you are attacking me, claiming I want to hear specific opinions. That's not very fair. I disagreed with some of your opinions and posted my reasoning why, which seems only to have angered you, and now you claim I only want to hear specific opinions, because I don't agree with yours. I don't think that's fair at all.
    (3) Semantics. We ended up discussing hate deeply, rather than what I was asking for in the thread topic. It's absolutely fine for digressions like that, but I changed hate to dislike in order to bring attention back to the original topic. ^^ Sorry if that bothered you.
    (4) Yes, I see your point. All negative situations should be approached with a positive solution, and hate is not a positive solution. I argue that it is a solution. We differ on this.
    (5) What, you calling me stupid? :) I understood your analogy, and I think I understand your point. You say all hate is wrong, regardless of context, so we shouldn't hate Russia for treating gays like subhumans, and we shouldn't hate islam for denying women basic rights, because all hate is wrong. You're a moral absolutist. 

4. #25 Strollin'crow, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    you get what you give
    society wants us all to be half baked morons slowly poisoning themselves on garbage produced from the bones of a dying world

without any russians, muslims, or women here, it's all a moot point isn't it? fumblings in the dark?

and i'm sorry. i'm on a different level bro. and not to say like above your level. i didnt mean to be insulting, i think you're right! i think if we were to actually have a real life face to face discussion, and get to know one another, we'd quickly find some common ground. loving you brother

how does hating islam for oppressing women affect women who choose to be muslim?
    what about gays who choose to be russian?

I for example am proud to be an american! i dont support all the horrible things that our government is involved in, i have no control over it, i wasn't brought here i was born - but i make a difference for the better - the old man walks past me and scowls - i smile with warmth and love at him - he smiles back - they transmit just like frowns

5. #26 iAmBetty, Feb 7, 2014
    To answer the OP, I think hate might be a bit strong of a word, but yeah, it's just fine to oppenly oppose and strongly critise Islam for what it is.

I think a part of the reason there isn't as much shit given from leaders in the West to the Muslim world as there is for Russia is because there are certain groups in that area that would take that as a huge insult and throw a hissy fit upping the number of bombings and all that crap

Maybe some left over feelings from the Cold War era leading to more bias against Russia as well. Actually, I think that's the main thing

6. #27 Mrgoodmoney, Feb 7, 2014
    i don't hate muslims but i hate the extremist sons of bitches and the fucks who supply them.

the cold war never really ended, thats why we put so much bad press out on russia.  now it isn't gay rights it's terrorist threats they are using against the ruskies.

7. #28 MochaBearBlazed, Feb 7, 2014
    i live in Michigan, a state that has the highest population of Muslims in the world outside of the traditional Muslim world that is. Having grown up here i can tell you dont know many Muslims. the religious books do point toward a male dominated society but the majority current muslim youth isnt that. Thats like saying it is ok to hate all blacks for the behavior of the few that break into your house and steal shit. 

thinking that all Muslims think one way is what caused the current conflicts. 5 percent of the community are the extremist everyone thinks they are, the rest are just people that speak a different language in a different place. still people like you and me. Do you know what they see about Americans? The media they see shows all Americans as the southern scum that hates them. Our media shows us that they are all extremist bomb carrying crazies hell bent on destroying us. Neither group is getting the full story. 

Basically what I'm saying is that while a few do make their wives cover themselves from head to toe and be obedient to their every command there's also Muslims that take the religion with a grain of salt and decide for themselves what to follow. My friend was born in Palestine and is now engaged to a Jewish girl. 

8. I actually respect Russia point of view.....

9. I'll never respect people that idolize a man that had sex with a prepubescent girl.

That alone should be a red flag. 

G-Wash and all those founding father homies owned slaves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_and_slavery

That guy is on the american money and a hero

11. Lol typical femi "freedom fighter" of today.

Make a strong stance on why hate and judging others is totally wrong and shouldn't happen ever because lyk... its not fair!

Then judge and hate others who disagree with your narrow view of reality.

Woooo!! fist pumping femi powerz for all! ( as long as they agree)

12. Well I kinda think you and your dipshit friends are bunch of pretentious intellectual fucking retards. The conversation as a stoner on your behalf should have ended with: 

"NO!, What we see in the media is only the evil portrayal of Islam, and god fucking damn it Bethany you should know better to be spluttering your lose vagina and mouth at this here conversation table like a stupid bitch!"

Glad to be of service
    - Komatic :smoking:     

13. I feel it should be tolerated.

Sent from my burner

14. Can you hate the entirety of the religion? I'd personally say no. There are many good aspects to it and it really is a peaceful religion, despite what religious extremists make you think.

But on the other hand it is definitely an oppressive religion. Whether it comes to women's/gay rights. And due to that I lose a majority of my respect for it. In general. I'm sure there are many muslims who support the equality of all people.

On the other hand Christianity is an extremely oppressive religion as well. It's just that the western cultures who mostly practice Christianity are often a bit more modern when it comes to their ideals.

But I can certainly understand, since I am a woman and a gay one at that, why your female friends could express such disgust at the Islam religion.

15. I like Islam and it's people. I went to school with them , shared stories with them. And tried to understand them , I'll just post this picture

image.jpg

16. #38 iAmBetty, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    I can understand the Muslim woman in the cartoon point, only nobody is forcing any woman to wear a bikini. Yeah there's some societal pressure to an extant that you should , but nobody's going to punish you for being a prude. Not always the case the other way around.

The problem with Islam isnt really with an individuals personal beliefs, but rather when a state runs as a Muslim state with any form of sharia law. That's usually when the worst scenarios happen, because if someone did want to actually do certain things they are often protected. As people pointed out earlier, a lot of Muslim people, especially in the west, are much more relaxed, and even it they weren't they couldn't pull a lot of that shit off here and get away with it anyway.

Don't see why. Most westernized Muslims don't really follow stuff like that, so why lump all of them together? And some hardcore Christians have the same view. My grandma and some aunts say that a woman is only good for following her husband's every whim. If you want to hate something about them, hate their poisonous religious text. And don't stop there, lump in all holy books from the Abrahamic religions together since they all say women are only property.

18. #40 CMGarcia55, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014

Not surprising coming from you.

And during Muhammad's time women were considered property. Are you saying it's ok for him to have had married and have sex with her?