Woman Hangs Herself at Police Station After Marijuana Arrest

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Knoxer, Dec 21, 2009.

1. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/19/nyregion/19death.html?_r=1

2. I suppose the ridiculousity of her death is a representation of the ridiculousity of marijuana laws!

3. thank you "war on drugs."

4. Couldn't have said it better.

5. Well... at least the children are safe from the devil's weed.

^^ Probaly what some idiots are thinking to

6. Jesus christ, if she was just holding a small amount then that really says a lot about the general people's feelings for our law system....rather being dead then dealing with prison and the system. Terrible.

7. they are starting to get same/close as coke charges since "It's making about the same amount of money, this new ""SUPER POT"" aka kush".""With its zombie like effects" =\

8. she is a martyr.

9. ^^^ I have a feeling that this instance will spark something good (for the movement).

It's just a shame that a life was lost in the process. Def taking a puff for her tonight.

10. Everyone else has to look it on the other side. This women was dumb for killing herself over a simple charge that she could get through, look what weed has done to her. She must of been depressed.

11. Isn't marijuana decriminalized in New York? There must be more to the story.

12. Now this is why it can never be legalized.

13. Yeah, you have to be smoking it or in possession of 25+ grams (I think -- I know it's twentysomething but not quite an ounce) for the punishment to be more than just a fine, so I don't really understand why that happened. She was either really uninformed on NY's laws regarding possession, or was mentally ill, or... something.

EDIT: Oh, and she's not a martyr. In fact stuff like this probably looks terrible for legalization.

14. Something else is definitely at play here. No one sane would hang themselves due to a marijuana possession charge, especially in a decrim state. She must have had warrants out for something much worse or else she had a mental illness. Unfortunately, the misinformed public will think that weed drove her crazy. Obviously, she got the worst of it but it makes us all look bad too. From what we know from the article, the police don't seem to have done anything wrong.

15. #16 Kaya Now, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009
    God bless her.

Yes there has to be more to the story, like maybe she just didn't know about NYS' "decriminalized" laws.

Why did they even bring her behind bars? If she just had possession, according to NY's "decriminalized" procedures, shouldn't the police just have dealt with the situation at the place where it happened? I know someone who got arrested for possession (in NYS) and he got handcuffed, sat in the cop car, got his car searched, got the paperwork from the pigs, and the whole thing just took 30 minutes. Why did they bring her behind bars?

Oh -- and why the FUCK didn't any of those pigs CHECK on her to make sure she was okay in her cell?!

May she be at peace. This toke's for her.