WK's journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by whitekush, Aug 3, 2011.

1. #61 whitekush, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    Yay, my plants are looking happy!
    i gave them some salts and stuff like we discussed last night.
    i also moved the babies into the tent for 18/6 last night too.
    [​IMG]

Anon1
    [​IMG]

Anon2
    [​IMG]

Hashberry1
    [​IMG]

Hashberry2
    [​IMG]

Hashberry3
    [​IMG]

Headband1
    [​IMG]

Headband2
    [​IMG]

Chemdog
    [​IMG]

Blue Widow
    [​IMG]

oh i also got a new dresser, so now i have space for the new tent.
    gonna get that soon, things are coming together! 2months 2 weeks till sog :)

also, do i have to add epsom salt every time i feed now? or how will that work? just use it when i have a deficiency?

in an ideal world i'd have 3 mother plants, 1 headband, and 2x critical + from a friend.
    but he's such a lazy mofo, and hasnt planted his 10 seeds yet making excuses etc etc.

so since ill need 3 mothers to cut 32 clones happily for the sog, ill keep 1 headband, 1 blue widow, and 1 chemdog until i get the critical +.

who knows hopefully the BW goes purp. that'd be nice :devious:

updated sketch up:
    (pretend the red is headband, and the green is critical +)

[​IMG]

2. Just keep an eye on the little fellas...they may not like the intense light right away...you may have to try to move them aside a bit or something if they show any hints of distress...

When I use to move seedlings under HID lights, I'd start with them far away and gradually move it closer...you don't really have that option with the other plants there, so just keep your eyes peeled...;)

3. the other plants TOP is like 14" away still,
    the seedlings TOP are like.. 2ft away
    i think they'll be okay? if anything i can move the light up an inch or two and that might help but yeah.

4. Oh...okay...didn't realize they were that far away...that should be fine I would think...:)

5. #65 whitekush, Aug 6, 2011
    HASHBERRY 1&2 ARE FEMALE, BLATANT PISTILS!!!!!!!!!

as for #3 i cannot tell... might need to upload a pic shortly.

oh and the Anons were hermies.. and GONE :)

so i swear behind #3's stipules i see a small ball.

what do you think??

6. #66 whitekush, Aug 6, 2011
    And then there were 6.
    all fems, the tent is happy now :)

so now i need to make sure they get healthy, beat whatever deficiencies they got, and yeah....

[​IMG]
    Hashberry 1, Hashberry 2, Headband 1, Headband 2, Chemdog, Bluewidow.

i'm not sad about anon1&2, i wanted them gone.
    hashberry 3.. well... its only fair that i got one male.
    cool, i'm happy though :)

OH i got an extension cord so my clip on fan can reach the bottom and blow directly on the plants.
    thats good ya?

7. they're looking good WK. cant wait to see em in a month when you flip em over to 12/12

8. a month?!?!?!

try two weeks :p

9. Subbing in. Look awesome man. :bongin:

10. Nice job WK, very well organized.

11. ok so i have a potassium deficciency not a magnesium one. but i hope the extra mag wont them.

anyways, this is how i figure.

Potassium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 4.0-4.5, 6.0-6.5.

guess where my ph is...

okay, so now that we know what it is, now i need to fix it! NOWWWWW.
    it says any nute with high K (potassium) will be okay.

i have general hydroponics flora series bloom (0-5-4) and micro (5-0-1)

WHATTODO?

12. In this scenario, Liquid KoolBloom would be my weapon of choice from GH's line. Out of the two you mentioned, I'd use the FloraBloom.

13. understanding my grow through the icmag sick plant guide.
    i grow in a soilless medium which mimics a hydroponics setup. it uses 6.0ph.
    Nitrogen- my plant is at the ph best to absorb N, shouldn't have a problem.
    Phosphorus - gets locked out at ph levels of 6.0 - 8.5, i believe i could have some phosphorus problems if i don't make up for them because the sunshine#4 is so neutral (what i put in i get out really..) it says that GH Flora Bloom (what i got) can be used to treat a deficiency
    Potassium - again locked out at ph levels of 6.0-6.5, i think i have some problems here, solution would be to use any note with high K value (potassium)
    Magnesium - i'm in a good zone with mag absorption, the little mag i add to the tap water (because tap water has high cal not high mag) will be a nice treat, but maybe not always necessary?
    Calcium - locked out at ph levels around 6.0, the solution would be add some sort of lime acidic stuff to help it, or anything with cal in it. could have problems but i think sunshine #4 has me covered on this!
    Zinc - locked out at 6.0ph, anything with potassium will fix a zinc deficiency
    iron - best absorbed at 6.0ph should be okay, solution is again using potassium

now applying that knowledge; we know that the sunshine #4 has me covered on some ends, but its very neutral, and coupled with the ph i am at we have some lock outs.

phospherus, potassium are the two main things my grow needs a slight boost with. i assume the main reason why they are also in nutes is because they also fight off other deficiencies and lockouts my medium and ph give.

with that being said, the medium and ph also love that nitrogen, and suck it up real good lol.

now we need to figure out how to fix this. its quite clear that my plants maybe need some nutes to kick them out of deficiencies, but not like before with my unknowdledged self.

firstly i'm gonna go back to lucasformula and re-read with the knowledge that soilless kinda equals hydro. i'm wondering how much lucasformula i'd need to give them to help them out of their deficiences.
    50% of the formula? 25%? hmm ...

14. #74 whitekush, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    in this particular case with the knowledge learned from my above post i'd have to agree that my plants need the 0-5-4 nutes over the 5-0-1 nutes.

but then agian my friend reassures me that nitrogen is essential for photosynthesis, so then i go back to the lucas formula page and i read;
    400W grows should use full dose (grow/bloom/micro) 0ml-8ml-16ml throughout the grow.
    then you read that clones/seedlings should use half dose
    then you read you should ph your tap water before mixing.

my hashberries are liek 2 months old, i'm sure they WANT that full dose nutes, i'm sure they'llt hank me.

what do you all think?

15. Personally I've never had a P deficiency in veg, but that's just me...

Though I'd post a bit of info for you...don't know if it'll help at all...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:wave:

16. ill post pics tmrw up close shots of the two hashberries and we can look at the deficiencies together and conclude what they are.

blu was the one who told me to ph down to 6.0 well him and slinger i think, and look at the hydro side to that graph.
    though that graph shows that i should be okay, clearly there's something wrong with them, so we'll get that sorted out :D

thanks for the info IF :p

when i post the pics we can figure out the best coarse of action to help them.

17. I am far from an expert...I know hydro much better than I know anything else...

Blu uses the same soil(less) mix, so he should know what's he's talking about...

From what I understand, they're all a bit different...

If you're on the another forum with uno I think he uses sunshine #4 too...;)

18. okay here's the hashberries

Hashberry1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    but you see new growth is all green
    [​IMG]

Hashberry2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. morning you guys,
    k i think they need nutes lol.

20. Hey WK. Give me a rundown on nutes, soil, feeding schedule. Cant remember shit...LOL