Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bradl33t, Feb 5, 2014.

1. A true chilled smokers post.
    People want to believe weed is perfect and that it can only bring good. It just isn't the case, that's denial of some sorts trying to justify some inner insecurity about their habit. Weed fucks with your motivation if used daily, it fucks with your memory, it makes you tired, it makes you reliant on the hit to be "yourself". When you stop that abruptly it's a shock to the system.

All in your head? Life is all in your fucking head. People need to get off the high horse no pun intended

You know what your problem is? You are addicted to getting high. NOT Cannabis. So you suffer other risks as well. Addiction to Cheeseburgers, Liquor, cigarettes, chocolate, woman, television (Walking Dead returns to AMC this Sunday), basically anything that makes you feel good.....I don't have a high horse. I have a Subaru. And a Subaru is LOVE!

3. This thread isn't about me. Those other things are different because they don't alter your mental state and perception of reality. Addicted to being high and not cannabis? Wow, I won't even bother.

The walking dead is coming back? Cool. Love that show.

4. You shouldn't... I think what Granny, a.k.a Storm Crow said is the end of the debate. It usually is. And yes people get a high from their obsessions.

Walking Dead...wtf is a mid season finale anyway? Lol..

5. I know right. The next episode better be fucking epic.

Marijuana is not physically addictive, only psychologically you will have cravings and want to smoke but no symptoms will ever manifest physically.

7. I've been addicted to quite a few drugs in my 47 years.

Pot isn't physically addictive. It is indeed in your head.
    But your mind can play tricks on your body at times if you let it. Kind of a "mind over matter" sorta thing. 
    But on the other hand, if your mind controls your body then you can make your body react to the opposite?

You're not doing what you want. We as humans tend to be a bit crabby when we're not do what we want, don't we? Sometimes we can make ourselves nauseous cause we get so crabby. Crabby people don't sleep much. Lack of sleep can make ya restless.
    And so on and so on..

It's in your head!

8. bruh i think you should take a longer break, not just 24 hours lol. 

Sounds like you're craving something that is suppose to be fun

9. Dude I don't even get it. Every time anything about withdrawal comes up, it becomes a huge bitch fest where one side says withdrawal exists and the other side says no it's just a habit and no one ever answers the fucking question...

OP id say you just have to try to get your mind off of it but basically the best I can say is you just gotta suffer for a couple days...sorry

10. teh continued usage of the misnomers of mental/psychological addiction is only feeding misinformation

if you choose to do something it is a choice,
    choices can become a habit if they are pleasing,
    habits can be abused, become habitual abuse for some.

you choose to consume pot...it is a choice.

choices are not addictions...abuse of a habit is a choice, a weak willed choice but it is a choice.

11. I have been getting this feeling if I don't do weed. But it's not very harmful and it only lasts for a couple of hours. Not as bad as cold turkey from cigarettes though.

12. Dude... Weed isn't perfect. Stop living denial and face the fact that people can most certainly get addicted to weed. It's obviously not as strong as an addiction as a heroin addiction is or anything but, still the first week or so of withdraw fucking sucks, you're cranky as shit, you can't sleep, feel like throwing up all of the time, and just fucking out of it in general. People need to stop living in denial and realize that weed isn't perfect. It's close to perfect, but not perfect.

13. #53 Wuzb, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
    When i took my first T-Break, i had A LOT more then just "cravings." I couldn't sleep, i was cranky as shit for no reason at all, i didn't want to get up and go do things, i felt like throwing up constantly, i had headaches, and i felt just plain burnt out. I didn't even want to smoke weed, I wanted to take a break from it for a little while and i still had all of those symptoms. It was all back to normal after about a week though. It's definitely no where near the same level of addictive as like Heroin or Meth and shit like that, but it's still addictive. I also think it depends on the person a lot, not everyone will get addicted to it, but some will. I've met plenty of people who said they went through the exact same thing as me after the stopped smoking for a while.

14. this is the god damn truth..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

It's different for everyone. I'm just reiterating what's written on the internet. I took a four day "t break" and sure I missed my weed but hell who doesn't miss what they enjoy when its gone? I guess I just take it a little more lightly. Some suffer from "addictive personalities" and that has a lot to do with it :bongin:

16. Im curious... if heroin intake stop endorphin production... does cannabis intake stop andandimide production???? [Member=cball]

Sent from my MexiPhone5000

17. Yeah, my dad had a big addictive personality so it probably passed down to me unfortunately.

18. Its not that you're having withdrawals, (trust me, you'd know the difference if you were addicted to some type of opiate like painkillers)
    its that you've been smoking for a long period of time daily, and you're trying to stop cold turkey. It's your body attempting to readjust itself to the drastic change. Yes, you'll see some effects - but no, it's not withdrawals. It passes within a week or so. The first day is always the "hardest" because its the roughest adjustment.

19. Not sure on the rules for necro posts but this comment deserves to be applauded 100x over idc how old it is! 100% truth!