Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bradl33t, Feb 5, 2014.

1. you just have know idea how the brain works

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

you trying to spin things in retaliation against me...tsk tsk...

Hearing that it's all in his head isn't going to get rid of his anxiety, headaches, or nausea. 

I remember we've had this debate before and I posted excerpts from several studies about marijuana withdrawal symptoms, but I'm pretty sure you never responded. :p 

4. I suggest you do the same

5. it's a stubborn motha fucka for sure

6. Don't bother arguing with cball, you'll prove him wrong and then he'll never reply to your posts again.

7. #27 olylongbord11, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    lol

i'd like to see how you'd come off of heroin or a real drug xD

to answer your question ive been daily smoking for like 3 years or so now and will have a multi day/week dry spell at times and im usually fine

its all in your head bra

8. #28 cball, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014

oh I have been in so many, I may have... The gap in beliefs is in the psychiatry...it offers no empirical evidence that the mind can be addicted...all it shows is habitual behaviors until a physically addictive substance is involved.

btw, in no way am I saying it won't help with anxiety..indica is great for that...just that op should face the trouble for what it is...in the mind...control your mind, relax it, learn to meditate.

Actually, if you enough control over your brain/body, simply being able to tell yourself its in your head SHOULD be enough. 

If you aren't able to control these feelings by telling yourself that, than you need to re-assess your smoking habit in the first place, or learn to better control your body

I dont know ANYONE, ANYONE, NOT A SINGLE FUCKING PERSON, that has EVER had withdrawals from pot.

Its either one of those two, or you've never done any drug other smoked some weed and you don't know what an actual withdrawal is.

10. He he, cball, I like you. :D

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. How hard is it to grasp the difference between physical addiction and psychological addiction.

Heroin = Physical (needs)
    Habitual use of cannabis = Psychological (wants)

Op: Learn to control your own brain. I have never in my entire life heard of someone having withdrawal symptoms from weed. I have however heard of withdrawals from synthetics.

Jesus has spoken.

12. Exercise. The "withdrawal" of marijuana is simply that usually you can do fuck all, get high, and be tired from it. Your mind struggles with the fact that you aren't tired from doing fuck all. Do something. Unless, like myself, you smoke a weed/tobacco mix (I'm not proud), in which case, ceasing the habit is like quitting cigarettes which does cause withdrawal symptoms. When I take a break it is difficult because my brain associates the nicotine hit with hitting a bong.

13. Well this wasn't supposed to be a debate lol thank you all for the positive answers

14. The mind and emotions are controlled by thoughts. If you think about weed all day, yes, when you quit you will have a lot of extra time and your body will want to get high to feel "normal." If you are feeling symptoms of withdrawal, they will pass in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I've been smoking for a decade now, and nowadays I can go weeks on a gram but when I was smoking a lot on a daily basis and tried to quit, I experienced withdrawal symptoms. 

Tended to take a couple weeks to get back to feeling "normal". 

Was it "all in my head"? Sure, anything mental is all in your head, isn't it? 

I feel like people want to have this idea that marijuana is flawless, but let's be real here, it's not surprising that using any substance in excess would create a dependency that leads to withdrawal symptoms when you stop. It's been documented even just with marijuana time and time again. 

I love weed, I still smoke it daily. But I'm aware of my limitations and aware that if I start smoking a gram a day, I'm going to feel it when I stop. 

If some of you are like "I've smoked more than that every day for years and I quit just fine", then good for you. But accept that some people can't do that as easily, accept that your experience is not everyone else's experience, and maybe don't let your love for weed cloud your ability to sympathize rather than criticize. 

16. There is a difference between not liking being sober and having to feel the edges in the world and real physical withdrawal symptoms. There is also a difference between the return of symptoms that perhaps were alleviated by cannabis and physical withdrawal from cannabis. 

17. Definitely agree with this x 100000

When i run dry, and i've got a few days until payday... man by the third for 4th I really start to remember why i smoke it so much. 

But I wouldn't call those withdrawals, I just call that being sober lol

It's psychosomatic, of course it passes in a few days. It's a HABIT, not an addiction. Therefore their is no physical withdrawal, and mentally it is all in your head because you enjoy it, not because you physically crave it which alters your mind into believing you need it. Hence it is not withdraw.
    This short video will explain all you need to know about Cannabis and addiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vpin9VhNck

19. Damn you hate bein' sober.
    Seriously though that's all it is. When I don't smoke I work out that way I can get to sleep at a reasonable time. That's about it.....

20. I thought I would have bad withdrawals since I've been a daily toker for the last two years but I didn't. I had some insomnia the first few days but other than that I didn't really have any withdrawal symptoms.