Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Withdrawal...need help bad

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PrinceOfTheCity, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Good afternoon blades,

I've been tokin for over a year daily, sometimes twice a day. On the 24th I left my home state of Cali - now in NY... with tons of family around me at all times forced T-break until January 8th (when I go back). 6 days into it, I've slept one night decently, every other night terrible talking like 3-4 hours max of sleep. On top of that I'm suffering irribility, confusion, anxiety... now due to the lack of sleep starting to come down with a cold type illness, sore throat, spitting mucus/blood. Last night I took Melatonin and Advil PM... still didn't fall asleep until 6 AM, and woke up at 10AM. Back home I'd toke nightly around 10PM, hit the sack at 2AM, up around 11AM - 9 hours nightly.

Anyway, is there any possible way around these withdrawal symptoms? Or do I just have to suffer another 8 days and likely get more sick...

2. where in ny are you

3. bleh NY does suck :s just try to pass time...first day or two is the worst

4. You just have to put up with it, the different symptoms should go away in a week max. Also, if in doubt, get really really really drunk!

5. I went on an extended vacationn with family this past year, and due to close priximity with many family members, I was only able to smoke maybe 3 times in a month.

Whike I feel your pain, I will say weed isnt a hard drug. I smoked cigarettes the whole time, because I am truly addicted to them. Weed however I can pick up and put down.

The first 3 to 5 days are always bad for me though. Im not hungry and cat sleep. Once my body returns to a normal rhythm though, all is well, and I end up having some of the most off the wall tripping balls dreams ever. That usually makes up for the lack of getting high for me.

Find something other than weed to think about throughout your day.

6. Cohoes

I can't really do that... we were in NYC for a few days but then now we are more upstate because suddenly my cousin died.. now tons of family here not a happy time.

Thanks for the 2 cents bro. The first 3 days I slept 1-2 hours a night, the 4th night I got like 5 hours, then the 5th I got 9 hours I thought i was in the clear but then last night got only 4... maybe partly due to my cousin's death. As well the house was as hot as a sauna. I just need the sleep I can deal with the anxiety, irritability, confusion and shyt during the day no probs. But Sleep i need so i dont get worse.

Appreciate you blades

7. hard exercise

/thread

8. I never found much worked except waiting. Only time I really had to quit though I was sleeping in my mom's living room for a couple weeks and people were up at 7 a.m.. God did that suck.

Best of luck OP. Worst case scenario, you'll be back here in cali before you know it.

9. Damn man, that sucks. There really isn't much you can do other than suffer through it. If you get sick, you're body will naturally get tired and you'll sleep more. I recommend trying to get some type of over-the-counter sleeping medication (if they sell any) if you continue to have insomnia. I know it's hard trying to go to sleep during the first week or so of a T-break. I started a T-break about 4 days ago and every night, my body and mind feel exhausted but it's still hard for me to fall asleep. I usually lay in bed listening to music for an hour or so until finally passing out. You could try that. Don't try looking for a substitute to getting high like hard drinking or smoking cigarettes. You could try having a few drinks before bed, too. Just don't make it a habit. I hope it gets better for you man. I'd imagine the death of your cousin is taking a mental toll on your as well. You have my condolences.

10. Uhm..spitting blood...thats not normal, the only normal withdrawl syntom should be tiredness, im gonna suggest a bad withdrawl like that is probably something besides pot...ive never experences withdrawl from pot

11. If you want to pass the fuck out, I'd suggest going for a medium/long run, it'll be nice to get some exercise but it'll tire you out. Eat a nice meal before going to bed, and you'll be set. Try to occupy yourself physically throughout the day, that way you'll be ready to sleep by the end of the day.

and if it's too hot, and you can't stand it, I'd just buy a cheap fan, don't sleep with covers, and maybe sleep in your boxers.

Hope I've helped :wave:

12. I feel like death tho. Severe sore throat, chills, body aches as well... if I didn't have those symptoms of like a cold I would. Hoping tomorrow I feel better and I'll go for a 4-5 mile run for sure.

Yeah after 3-4 days of very little sleep I slept a lot the next day, then back to nothing much again last night so tonight should get a good amount, and seesaw back to nothing much tomorrow but I'll try my best to go for a nice run tomorrow. I'm not going to drink for sure or smoke cigs.
    yeah well the blood could be from the cold temps, it was like 15 degrees, whereas I'm used to Cali sunshine. Haven't seen a winter in a decade at least... maybe longer. So the air dry, my sinuses dry. Draws out some blood I think.
    It was too hot because they got the heater going here because of the cold weather...

thank you all for the pointers! the local gym here is not even open sundays. But it'll be open tomorrow will hit it unless I get worse

13. Still OP, those are STRONG withdrawl symptoms, thats not normal, the worse withdrawl me or any of my friend ever had was a mild headache

14. Whenever I didn't have weed I'd just drink a couple beers and I was fine.

15. Specifically the irritability, headaches, anxiety, and confusion are directly from withdrawal. However the spitting of blood in yellowish mucus is from a chest cold I have, probably from the big change in climate going from a decade straight of California to this New York winter... the fever is from that as well same with the body aches. I'm going to the gym to run a ton tomorrow, sweat it out also been really hydrated - was not really hydrated at all before in fact might have been dehydrated.

16. brother I was a paramedic for seven yrs and have smoked since I was 13 , worst I ever got was lack of sleep and some anxiety, what your describing sounds like onset walking pneumonia or a real bad case of the flu, hit the clear liquids and flush out your system, try and stay outta the cold and dont....DONT start exercise until you feel better, last resort may be to see if a family member has "something" that can help you rest

17. I think I may have a Sinus infection... not even sure could be pneumonia hope not. Was going to go to the ER yesterday but instead changed my flight ticket to go back to Cali and see my regular physician.

As of now I've got a Sore throat, fever, yellowish mucus (no more blood), however clearing out my nostrils there were remains of dried blood there (possibly indicating sinus infection?) not sure. Will see Doctor Jan. 2 hopefully I start improving. Been pounding the liquids... I may have been dehydrated badly for a few days there. Could have played a part... last night slept 5-6 hours not bad - felt like normal sleep even though it wasn't. But compared to previous nights it was a lot. Usually 8-9 hours.

Will not exercise until doctor says its fine to do so.

Thank you for your insight as well bro

18. whats ur temp at?

19. haven't checked. but I just looked up all the symptoms of pneumonia and the most tell tale ones seem to be Cough, abdominal pain, pain in chest with deep breathing, fever, etc. I have none of those except a fever. I'm thinking more likely a cold/sinus infection combination but who knows this could be onset pneumonia... on the other hand my dad is now getting sick and has a bad cough/fever that guy might be getting pneumonia. I say I have a fever because I have to wear 3-4 layers upper body 2 layers lower body to feel at a normal not so cold temperature indoors plus if someone does the ole' hand on forehead move on me they can easily tell I have one.