witch system is idea for a dorm room with 3 or more roommates

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by smoke_master_d, Dec 11, 2009.

1. SUPERCLOSET SUPERLOCKER
    Growth Potential: 1-16 total plants. Up to 6 Flowering plants which can grow 3 ft tall!!
    66”H x 15”W x 18”D Best Quality16 Gauge Steel Custom Powder Coated Black Cabinet
    Adjustable height Full Spectrum Air Cooled 150w HPS Lighting System
    Automated SuperPonic Watering System for SOIL or HYDRO-Combo of Top Feed, Bubble, and Aeroponic with Easy-Drainage Valve
    VeggieChamber powered by (1) 12” Fluorescent Lamp, perfect for vegetation, cloning and mother plants
    Easily integrated optional CO2 system package which adds up to 25% more to yields
    Air Filtered-Odor Control System
    Instruction DVD and Free Phone Support

OR

The Refrigerator Grow Box
    It's dimensions are 19"W X 33"H X 25"D.
    • 150w High Pressure Sodium Bulb
    • High Quality Socket and Ballast
    • Mini Activated Carbon Scrubber
    • Heavy Gauge Wiring Used Throughout
    • Belkin All Weather Surge Protector
    • 175 CFM Ball Bearing Exhaust Fan
    • 150 CFM Inline Duct Fan
    • Aquatech Dual Air Pump
    • Two 6" Air Stones
    • Eleven Plant Hydroponic Bubbling (DWC) System
    • Net Baskets + Sterile Hydroton Rocks
    • Programmable Timer (analog)
    • General Hydroponics Flora Nova Series 2 Part Nutrients
    • Includes Detailed Instruction Manual
    or

Stealth Grow Dresser (assembled)
    29" H x 15" W x 28" L
    * Door opens and closes from the front.
    *Light is sealed by insulation overlapping
    * Three European hinges are installed from inside and are not visible from the outside
    *220watt ballast installed on outside bottom of dresser, and is not visible
    *Can support heavy items such as TV's

* Light completely sealed from outside
    * Pinhole connecting through top of the body to the door locks it in closed position

* Two power adapters charge fans; temperature remains within 10 degrees of room temperature
    * Four 50w PL-L high intensity dual tube compact fluorescents spread light evenly over grow area
    * Fan situated on top sucks hot air out of the grow box as heat rises
    * Two smaller fans bring fresh air in
    * Over 1000w incandescent equivalent
    * Light spectrum comes in 3000k for flowering or 6500k for veg

* Total lumen output is approximately 20,000
    * Additional 4" Fan installed
    *Light is 99% blocked by light traps installed on all three fans both inside and out
    *Air flow not hindered by light trap
    *No light visible from outside of grow box
    *Fans run silently
    *Four high intensity dual-tube 50watt 6500k PL-L CFLs (1000watt incandescent equivalent)
    *Four PL-L plugs
    *220watt ballast
    *Three European style hinges
    *Mylar insulation (100% reflective)
    *Three light traps are also included, but they need to be taped on after shipping

2. Before doing anything you should think long and hard about what you are getting yourself into, and who you are getting into this with. Can you trust your roommates, are they going to be able to keep their mouths shut? Going into something like this with "partners", especially multiple one's is asking for trouble I think. Are you all going to tend to the plants? what if someone puts in more time with them, what if one of you doesn't put in any time? How will your harvest be split up?

Sounds like it's gonna get messy, good luck man. not saying you shouldn't do it, or that you shouldn't trust your buddies. Just make sure you be safe about it bro!

3. [​IMG]

pic of fridge

4. i am not telling nobody i am by my self in this project but i am trying to do this on the sneek with nobody knowing untill i move out this summer back home

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

pic of dresser set up

6. Besides the money to get your system, make sure you have enough saved up for bail, lawyer fees, a new place to live, etc...;)

7. IF u want to look at the locker go to [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-q7TdiBsWQ]YouTube - Hydroponics SuperLocker automated cabinet system grow box Supercloset[/ame]

8. thats good advice but i am going to school so i cam do this legal i jst want to pratice wit spices and greens flowring products first and when i get my medical licenc start the cannibus growing but still thanks for the advice and good looking out ppl

9. so your not even gonna grow weed, if that the case, than do whatever the hell you want

10. i am going to grow weed just not as a first grow i am going to move out then grow my weed but i need to know what system would better fit the needs of a weed plant in case i change my mind a grow at lease one plant cause i love to smoke,and cook so im going to grow spices for my cooking and weed to cook half and smoke the rest

11. The dresser hands down... You can make better use of it than the other premanufactured systems you listed. Get a lock on your door or dead bolt using both is better in my opnion so when your not there no one can go in your room and even when you are there they still cant get in till you unlock the door (excuse you dont know the kind of people your roommates hang with and you dont want anything to come up missing acidently) and when you do have company there the dresser would get the least amount of attention. If some one was over chillin and they asked for a drink the fridge would be the first place they would try to reach and if they catch you off guard (Stoned) they would open it and then you have to explain things thats none of there business. Dont put a TV on top of it because if you have company in your room you dont want there eyes even in the direction of where your growing. A carbon filter is a must and always have your room looking clean and smelling proper to not atract any attention. You can pull off the grow easy but you will have to have some down time since you have no other place to cure properly. and if your extra cautious like myself you can always make one of theses and put it near where ever your trash can is...

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/144976-perfect-odour-neutralizer.html

last note make sure your room dosent end up the chill spot and never tell a soul what gos on behind closed doors.

12. Dorm with 3 roomates? Geurilla Grow is the best System ;)

13. Just make sure that no one else finds out about it ifs its not legal. You cant trust anyone not even your roomies. What if one gets jealous over a girl you have that they want. Then they have you by the short hair of the balls. I know its hard to grow dank and not be able to brag to anyone about it. If no one knows then you are most likely not going to get busted.

On the subject, I would go with the dresser as stated above. You would have a lot more usable space. Use LST to get the best yield. You may be able to SCROG if you want to.

Good luck

14. where did you even find the plans for the fridge and the dresser?

15. homemade-hydroponic.com makes the fridge and i found a website that makes the dresser its pcgrowcase.com