Wishin I could be fishin, so I'll post some pics

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by bookoobluntz, Nov 30, 2009.

1. #1 bookoobluntz, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
    Sittin here lookin out the window at all this snow coming down and it's depressing me, so I figured I'd post some pics from the summer... Enjoy!

I wish I could find pics of the 38lb Lake Trout I caught a few years back :(

My older bro (left) 19" Largemouth, Me on the right (obviously, right?) 21" Largemouth
    [​IMG]

Older Bro with a 18lb King Salmon from Lake Huron
    [​IMG]

This is how its done in the U.P. ...
    [​IMG]

Lil Pike, I'm sooooooo bakedddd lol
    [​IMG]

My friend's son with a little Perch
    [​IMG]

My ex's son with a 21" Northern Pike (he caught it, not me)
    [​IMG]

Couple small Sunfish from last winter, the one and only time I've ever went ice fishing
    [​IMG]

and a couple random outdoor pics from the last nicer day we had

Whitetail Deer
    [​IMG]

Pissed off cow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"what you been up to?" .... "oh, you know, just hangin out under some leaves"
    [​IMG]

2. Great pics! I love goin to the UP! I can't wait to load up the snowmobiles and head up that way...awesome trails up there! :D

Do you not like ice fishing? You said 'one and only time'...that's why I ask. Ice fishing is awesome...get yourself a lil shanty with a propane heater, a pole, bag of weed, and you're good to go! :hello:

3. Thanks :)

Where do you snowmobile at up here?

I don't mind ice fishing, it was fun the one time I went. But I think in general it's too "hit or miss" for me. I'd be the guy on the lake moving my shanty 20 times before noon lol

I really don't like to be stationary either so that could have something to do with it lol

4. We usually stay in Newberry at a cheap lil hotel on the trail...there's a kickass steakhouse right by the railroad tracks my husband likes...can't recall the name of it at the moment...go all over from there...Paradise, Grand Marais, Tahquomenon Falls...they're absolutely beautiful in winter!

I can understand the wanting to move around alot...lol. We usually set our poles, then go snowmobile on the lake for a bit

5. That's cool, I'm from Munising originally I'm sure you've been through there before.

Have you been to Devil's Logslide by Grand Marais? I love it there.

Yeah, I'm sure if I had a sled to rip around on inbetween fish I'd enjoy ice fishing more lol

6. Been through Munising lots of times...nice place...haven't been to the logslide...will definitely check it out. On the trails there in Grand Marais, there's always a guy out there with a hotdog stand...lol...he sells hot chocolate, so we always stop and warm our bellies as we go through there. :D

There's also some brewery right on Lake Superior we always hit for a couple drinks...can't remember the name of it either...:confused:

As much as I like ice fishing, I gotta confess, I like fishing in the Summer much better...nothin like kickin back on a river bank, laying in the sun, and tokin a big fatty :cool:

7. Yeah Munising is pretty nice... until all you trolls come up with your sleds lol

here's a couple pics of the logslide, they don't come close to doing it justice though

500 ft long, 300 ft change in elevation
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not sure about the brewery either, news to me lol

8. lol @ trolls...I can imagine it would be kinda aggravating considering how some of them sledders get pretty wild. If it makes ya feel any better, we're older and pretty mellow...lol. We usually come up on the weekdays to steer clear of the weekend rowdies. Last couple of years, I did notice quite a few cops on sleds...hopefully, that helps to deter the drunk snowmobilers a bit....they make me nervous as hell...especially when we used to cart our kids around on the back of our sleds. They're grown now and ride themselves...

That logslide looks neat as all get out...I'll definitely tell the Hubby about it so we can check it out in person...thanks!

9. Yeah I just can't stand all the drunks, and people that think they can do whatever they want without any reprocussions. We've gotten our first good snowfalls since I posted this thread and now we have about 2 feet, and already they are everywhere... :mad:

Yeah the logslide kicks ass, definately worth checking out, your welcome!