Wisdom tooth extraction.

Discussion in 'General' started by SavageLac704, Oct 4, 2016.

1. I'm getting one of my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow morning. Ima bein given the Novocaine shot to numb it up for me.

I have a question. What's should I expect the pain to be like afterwards? I've heard crazy stories of having pain worse than before it was taken out, but in my case, it's only 1 tooth and it doesn't look like it'll be hard to extract

2. not really pain dude, just sucks cant smoke, becasue of the chance of getting a dry socket,,, i would have prob been fine with no medicaions.. but u know they give it still just in case... and if there is pain it surely will take care of it! pplz hate and say mairjuna for pain, but im still a fan of opioids they are the number one when it comes to toothaches and all...!! dont smoke, is what im sayin,, dry sockets when the pain starts...

of course i am against the long term prescribing of it.. but when u need it that shit works good.

• Like Like x 2
  4. If you're smoking, be very careful and pack gauze over your wounds. Only do it a few times throughout the duration of your incapacitation. My friend got em taken out this summer, and he said the prescribed painkillers he received were plenty (lucky guy, huh?). At least you only have one. I had 3.

5. its not the smoke passing thru it that causes it,, its caused by the suction,, even a straw in a soda could cauase a dry socket.

6. I had all 4 taken out at once and they gave me Advil not even good stuff. Didn't hurt much by the second day anyhow. I also smoked cigarettes throughout the healing process like an idiot but nothing much happened there either. Everyone is different.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Same here, I had three wisdom teeth pulled at once. They didn't give me a prescription for pain meds and didn't even pack in any gauze. I took some ibuprofen when I got home and went to sleep....woke up with absolutely no pain, smoked a joint and a cigarette with no problems. I was VERY careful eating, tho.

I pulled the last one myself about a year ago. It was a dead tooth and really loose so I wiggled it out with no blood or pain. I have no idea how it healed over without bleeding some. My wife almost fainted when I did it, lol!

8. I have 3 and I haven't taken any of them out. 2 of them are fully in, there's just one that isn't. Hoping it causes no problems and hasn't so far and it's already well visible and out.

I'd rather not have my teeth taken out unless I need to.

9. It's called dry socket, it happens when you suck too hard or smoke alot with a open wound like that in your gums. Most likely though, the doc will give you percs afterwards low dosages but it will help cut down on the pain. I had two impacted wisdom teeth that needed removal that shit wasn't fun and if I didn't have the percs to cut down on the pain I would not have been a happy camper. Lol when I went back for my check up, the doc was like you want some more? Lol doctors these days, bigger drug dealers than anyone else I know.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Got that wisdom tooth out this morning. Didn't feel a thing. But now.. I'm feeling like shit. Even after taking the meds they gave me. My jaw is sore and swollen, it hurts biting down on this gauze but I have no choice. Got like 5 hours before I can take my medicine again. Can't smoke or none of that. Stuck eating yogurt n apple sauce. Just an all around shitty day

11. Stay hydrated when you blaze. You'll be fine.
    :smoking:

12. I just had all four wisdom teeth taken out last week and started smoking again about a week after, then I noticed after a while the extraction sites have been healing pretty well. Haven't really experienced much pain after that. Of course the anti-biotics they prescribed me were doing their job within the week of not smoking. The experience wasn't too bad.

13. Hello. My friend also took a cigarette after 10 days of his wisdom tooth extraction. He approached a dentist for his wisdom tooth in Los Angeles because he was dealing with the worst kind of pain ever.The dentist at Cal Dental Group discussed with him that the issue of doing smoking is that it creates negative pressure on the healing socket and hence it causes the new soft clot to be dislodged. Most of the people who smoke after extractions they develop dry sockets which are very high.

14. Exactly why left the dentist after they wanted a wisdom tooth extraction. Um, italics? I haven't had any pain... in like forever, in my mouth.