Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Phanteh, May 28, 2010.

1. Hey, guys.

I'm due to have my wisdom teeth removed in a few weeks and, as we all know, you can't smoke afterwards because of the dry socket. My question is this: Will a vaporizer be a sufficient alternative? Would my dry sockets be safe from the vapor or would it still cause the same effect as smoke would? If the answer to either of those is yes, then would a vaporizer be a good investment or should I just wait it out the few weeks?

Your opinions are greatly appreciated :]

Thank ya.

2. I think you should worry about getting through the pain first. They give you opiates a lot of times for your wisdom teeth, enjoy, :p.

3. I got mine out recently and its not like you have to wait that long. I would say just take like a day and a half off, it's not even worth the risk imo. A vape might be better, but it's mostly the the pulling action that puts you in risk of a dry socket. That's why they also tell you not to drink from a straw.

4. try some edibles!

5. Just throwing this out there:

[​IMG]

Damn you.

6. i got mine out about a month ago and i was told i only needed to wait 48 hours before i smoke or drink through a straw, and as far as pain killers i only got t3's

7. Ah. I was under the impression it would be a significant time that I couldn't smoke afterwards. My girlfriend got hers taken out a few months ago, and I remember her being completely gone on pain killers, so I was kinda looking forward to it :p

Edibles are a great idea! Thanks!

Thanks for all the input, I was extremely unsure about what I was gonna do lol
    I appreciate it.

8. Contrary to popular belief it's actually not the smoke that irritates the area. When you are smoking the "suction" created when inhaling on a pipe or joint/blunt especially can easily disrupt the blood clot. This causes dry sockets which are very painful and take awhile to heal. I suggest getting a homie to milk a bong for you and then you can just clear it. When I got mine taken out i smoked from my pipe and just went easy on it until my mouth was healed a bit more.

9. that sucks man I got percocets (sp?) when I got mine out and I only got one out. I waited 2 or 3 days (not sure) used a vape and took nice and easy and no problems.

10. Don't suck on anything! Only use the vape if it is a bag type, not a whip style

Make a gravity bong! Three of my friends have used this technique and successfully avoided dry sockets while getting high all they wanted.

You can make any size gravity bong, from milk jug, to two liter, to 20oz, or whatever, anything with a cap is what I like to use.

/I didn't smoke when I had mine taken out, but I did vomit a couple times before realizing it was from the painkillers they gave me
    //throwing up rice while high on painkillers makes it looks like maggots

11. i wasn't even in the mood to smoke the first 2 days. they sedated me so i cant even remember the first day.lol they gave me oxycodone for the pain which was cool.

i started smoking on the 3rd day. This was actually the first time i made a gravity bong. worked perfect.

12. I did some bags just now off my extreme-q. I had all four wisdom teeth out on Wednesday. I just hugged the bag and inhaled like normal with my mouth over the top. I am awfully ripped.

13. I know a friend who had a face mask type thing that went over your nose and it had a tube that came out and they built a bowl and rush on it. Gets you high, and you inhale it with your nose and not your mouth. This probably wouldn't irritate your mouth at all.

Not sure what its officially called or anything, but I'm sure you can use your imagination and find a way to get high through your nose.

Does anyone know if blowing is any better for you than sucking?? (wow that sounds sexual) If you can blow you could blow shotties from a blunt and inhale the smoke with your nose some how. Blow it into a small space or something.

14. Its gunna hurt so bad dude

15. I was thinking about having someone give me a shotgun and inhaling through my nose, but I wasn't sure if that would tamper with them either.

I'll probably just see how it feels for the first few days after. Hopefully I have the same experience as Jaysir and not have to worry about it lol

Thanks for the input though :D