Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

wisdom teeth removal

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokeafatblunt, Apr 6, 2012.

1. i got my wisdom teeth removed this morning. how many days will i have to wait before i can smoke bud again? i know it will take a while before the swelling goes down, but i'm curious as to whether i can smoke within that time period or not. have to take an antibiotic three times and medication to counteract the swelling. what potential risks are there, if any?

2. #2 AlbitheDragon, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    The biggest risk is a dry socket, which is why oral surgeons discourage smoking after wisdom teeth removal. Trust me, you don't want to risk getting one of those. Go for edibles if you have the resources. Wikipedia says wait 48 hours.

3. Don't smoke, vape, or even suck a straw. Dry socket is the worst thing possible from wisdom teeth surgery, and not worth the risk. Edibles are an option though.

4. Funny, when I got my wisdom teeth removed I didn't stop smoking or eating sweets or anything, and my sister followed everything to a T, and she's the only one who had problems.
    It's interesting too cuz the nurse in there said that people walk right out of the office and fire up a cigarette and sip soda and it's the ones who follow everything to a T who always have later problems with their sore spots in their mouth:)