Wisdom Teeth Pulled. A little help?

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, Jan 26, 2008.

1. I guess this is directed at any members of the city who have, in recent years or when they were younger, had their wisdom teeth removed. I had my uppers done today and was awake throughout the whole process with no nitrous oxide administered. Though, nicely anasthetized, I was doing pretty well with the whole operation and was stitched up in about forty five minutes.

Now, about thirty minutes ago the anesthesia wore off and the pain started kicking in, but the gums on the right side of my mouth feel like they're caving in. Should I be concerned about this? I was warned against dry sockets, so I'm hoping this is just my gum line compensating for the lack of a tooth in that area and closing in around the open wound. The other side of my mouth hurts the worst and is still swollen out to its usual size.

So, has anyone else had this happen? I'll probably head back to the same dentist within the next couple of days and have them check it out to make sure it's nothing out of the ordinary, but I would like the dental patients of GC to enlighten me a bit!

Sayonara from Percocet Land!

:D

2. have you been smoking? my buddy just has his pulled and he smoked too soon and got dry sockets, all he did was go back in and they put something in his gums and he was good to go. He also got hooked up with pain meds, and said it still hurt and got more.

3. does it feel like its sorta. caving in like when u chew?? or u open ur mouth wide and then shut??? if so then thats pretty normal.. i had all 4 of mine out and its suppose to feel weird man.. they jus ripped teeth outta ur fuckin gums!! but anyway enjoy the percs u lucky bastard

oh yea.. dont fuckin smoke!

4. I got 3 of mine pulled (only had 3) tuesday and they didnt even stitch me up. So I went home, ate apple sauce,g ot some in the hole, and was hurtin so bad. and It's been hurtin real bad since. somethings wrong, but they should always stich evryone shut, you shouldn't have gaping holes open in your fuckin mouth for any ammount of time. I used up all my street bought drugs and now im down to the 5/500 vics they gave me, which suck ass for pain and are killing my liver becaiuse I cant wait and do a CWE because the pain needs o be treated right away and shit.

5. I got all four done at once, was awake through it like you, then drove home.
    Took the morphine until I ran out then got two dry sockets.

They hurt quite a bit for six months or so but about a year later I felt normal again.
    Been good ever since. :D

6. Ugh...I was supposed to have mine taken out over the summer, but I never really made the appointment. I really don't want to get it done. I haven't ever had any kind of surgery before. I've had plenty of teeth pulled out so that I could get braces, but that was nothing. I hear people can throw up from the pain meds too, and the thought of having a hole in my mouth (even stitched shut) and throwing up and risking getting puke in the hole just grosses me out compltely.

7. I agree with you, Stoner Chick. I'm not even supposed to be breathing in through my mouth, as the cold air outside can dry out my gums and screw everything up. But no, I haven't smoked a thing since the operation. My sister had all four done and smoked a cigarette right afterwords.. dry sockets? You have no idea..

Also, this Oxycodone is working wonders for the pain in my left gums. I'm not using any of them recreationally until I'm absolutely sure I don't need them for any pain relief, so I'm being very conservative with the twelve (Yes, twelve) 7.5/500 pills they gave me.

8. you can smoke through your nose :p

9. T^hey only gave me like 20 5/500 vics. Your fucking lucky. oxy at least kills pain these dont do shit. IM thinking about sueing my oral surgeon for the shitty pills, the pain, and of course leavin the wholes open in my mouth to get infected. That bastard,.

10. Hmmm... When I got mine, i smoked and had no pain or swelling and the dentist wrote me for 30 percocets of which i saved for recreational use.
    HOWEVER, I'd have to recommend constantly gargling a salt water all the time and especially after you smoke.... worked for me.

11. How come everyone are getting their wisdom teeth pulled out at the like the same time. Is it just me or is this weird.

12. I remember my gums feeling pretty strange and I turned out fine. I don't know exactly what they felt like, I think I've done a lot of drugs in the days since, but for what its worth I thought I'd share. It's probably best to just go in and ask, for only he holds the true answer.

On the same note, I had all four of mine pulled (at least I think I did, I don't actually remember right now... fuck) over the last summer at 8 one morning. I had the "twilight" treatment, some semisweet combination of full anesthesia and nitrous. They put the IV in first and then gassed me. While I started coming up on the nitrous, I passed out from the needle - then I woke up again a few moments later completely tripping out on the nitrous. I remember everyone just kind of pausing to look at me and the kind dentist sir started asking me questions... I smiled and let the warm blanket of anesthesia take over.

A couple weeks later I was sitting in a church - blazed - when the woman behind me bumped the pew I was in. Instantly I started having flashbacks to the wisdom teeth operation. What I remembered as a couple seconds of nonexistent darkness between going under and waking up all of a sudden became a full tripped out string of memories of my head moving from side to side, up and down, being bumped, random noises, etc...

Anyway man, keep that mouth sterile and good luck with the gums. :yummy:

13. when i was in military school everyone tried to get there shit pulled so they could cop some pills

14. I think the "caving in" is just the feeling from not having a tooth there.

I had mine taken out when I was like 17, I remember it just felt really weird until I got the stitches out.

Chewing on a teabag really helped with the pain for me.

15. Whoa, what decade was that, grampa? ;) When I got mine out, they used stitches that dissolved after a while.

16. That was 4 years ago. :laughing:

I was surprised that they didn't use ones that dissolved. It felt really weird having those in for the week or however long it was.

17. I got cocky a little while after they were out and I started like gobbling the Vicodins they gave me and I ran out too quick. My mouth killed for like three days, but then I was fine.

The worst part of the whole thing, though, was getting food stuck back there. That was so annoying.

18. could someone tell me what dry sockets are? they sound bad.

19. this reminds me... i gotta get mine pulled out soon :mad: