Wiring, lights, ventilation? Grow Question!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by derpdapimp, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I'm thinking about trying a first time grow and I've been researching for a few months but I've never found an answer to juts one question, HOW DOES WIRING WORK! Like, imagine I buy a CFL bulb and a fan, what do I do with it. I obviously need to buy a socket for the light, do the sockets have a power cord that u can put into a strip? How about the fan, does that also have a power cord? How about PC fans ( maybe I'll do a pc grow)

2. Check the growing section stickies

3. Depends on how much space you have and where you wanna grow. Me personally im growing in my room so i bought a 4x2x5 grow tent. As far as lights i started out with 2 regular desk lamps and 1 twin headed goose neck lamp. I popped some cfls in there and I was good. Dunno about a pc box tho... seem some videos on youtube and it can get pretty hot in there from what i seen. I know there is a fan in there and all but to me a tent was much easier with more space. Unless you want to grow just one small plant...

4. #5 Billa, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012

5. lol..of course the fan has a power cord. As for lights you can buy the light clamps cheap at the hardware store walmart etc. They have a light reflector that you can remove. With CFLs people do all sorts of things some use actual tree lamps etc.

6. Thanks man. That pretty much answered it haha, I might get a grow tent or make one myself, ( I yesterday discovered a hydroponics store, oh 1 block away from my house, they must have supplies even tho im growing in soil)

7. Lol they will have soil too