wiring cfl's to a power outlet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by curtisdeee, Jun 27, 2006.

1. hi, i have 3 cfl bulbs to grow my one plant. i am currently using a desk lamp with 1 cfl bulb in it to start the plant off. i dont have any more lamps i can put by it. im wondering how i can wire the other 2 with limited supply's? i have a this thing that these sort of cups screw into, then you screw the bulb into it and it screws in the cieling to provide light. is there any way i can use a couple of these little cups and wire it into a power bar and sit it around my plants?

like i said, i have limited supply's, only the light bulbs, fan pots soil etc. i have no way of wiring the other 2 bulbs...

2. i know this is hard to understand... im just looking for a way to wire my other 2 CFL's with basic stuff around the house, i have limited supply's.

3. i dont really understand what your saying but it will probally work just don electricute yourself ;)

4. Screw the bulbs into regular lamps and that is that? what do you mean "Wireing?"

5. just cut the cord off of a cell phone charger and wire it to the "cups " but make sure to tape any live wire i got shocked today that shit hurts

6. I think you mean where you take one cfl and wire it to the other so when you plug 1 in all 3 light up right? There was a sticky on overgrow. search these forums and youll find some recovered faqs from there(it got shut down if you didnt know already) And JustinJ he said he only has 1 lamp so where will he screw the other 2 in?

7. i am just going to say it: i have an extensive background in architecture and when i get my stuff together i want to publish what i have built on this web site.

But, some of the things i have read while i have lurked around here as far as construction goes, esp the electrical - just scares me shitless. This is one of them - do what you have to - but for christ's sake! There is NO reason at all you should harm yourself or others with this.

Go to a hardware store, lie your ass off about what your (real) aim is, point to the equipment available that you want to use, and ask questions - they are happy to help. It is easier than communicateing with words on a web site than to a person with experience in thease matters with a visiual referance to the equipment readily available around them that you wish to use.

8. Here's my take. Scrounge up 10 bucks and buy two clamp lamps at wal mart or wherever you are near. Plug em all into the same extension cord/power strip/whatever, and if you have a timer plug your extension cord/power strip/whatever into that. I don't see why you'd want to start playing with wires when it's that simple. If I missed somethin I appologize but I hope this helps.