winged bugs?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Liverasta420, Feb 18, 2009.

1. alright well my first grow is doing pretty well, i have her with 24 hours of veg right now and on really nice sunny days ill put her outside for a few hours to gather some natural sun light. well anyway, thats probably the reason these little bugs poped up. I first noticed little tiny larvae looking things in the soil, TONS of them, TINY as hell. then theres only 2 actually mature ones flying around. they are very small and look like gnats almost.

anybody got any idea what these little flying creatures are? i looked at the sick plants and problems posts already and no description really matches these things.

if you know what they are, how do i get rid of them?

thank guys-
    -bongrippin:bongin:

2. i have those too!

they are sooo small

but idk what they are

3. They could just be gnats that seem to show up when soil stays too wet. Try letting your soil dry out more before watering. They are the damnest things, I have even had them appear in a sealed grow box when the soil is too wet. If letting the soil dry out doesn't work, spray them with a little soapy water. They will suffocate.

4. thanks bro! do you think these little bastards will harm the plant? Im totally in love with this thing, shes so pretty with purple stems and smells kinda like coffee!